The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SPRING CHALLENGE 2016 > 25.5 - Andy P's Task: Symmetry

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (last edited Mar 06, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Dlmrose | 17501 comments Mod
25.5 - Andy P's Task: Symmetry

Ground rules
1. This is a two book task, one for book 1 and 1 for book two.
2. Books with the genre Childrens or Kids may NOT be used for this task.
3. Books must be written by a single author, no co-authors or multiple contributors.

Book 1.
Read a book written by an author who has the same number of letters in his/her first and last names (and middle name if the author uses one). Authors who use initials are excluded from this task unless they meet the above criteria. For SRC purposes, spaces determine names. Apostrophes are the only punctation allowed; no other punctuation, symbols or abbreviations.
Example: John Saul Each name is 4 letters: John = 4, Saul = 4.
Patty Chang Anker (5/5/5)
Andrew O'Hagan ( 6/6)

Book 2.
Read a book whose TITLE consists of words of the same number of letters. Book titles must be at least two words long. Titles may be more than two words, but each word in the title must contain the same number of letters. Spaces determine words. Titles with digits and/or symbols such as "&" may NOT be used. Subtitles should be ignored. Apostrophes are the only punctation allowed; no other punctuation, symbols or abbreviations.
For example Raven Black. Each word is five letters long: raven = 5, black = 5.
Anil's Ghost (5/5)

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3405 comments reserved

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3405 comments reserved

message 4: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17501 comments Mod
This help thread is open!

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3655 comments Just to be sure:
Mrs. Poe would NOT work because of the period.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3405 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Just to be sure:
Mrs. Poe would NOT work because of the period."

Correct, no punctuation except apostrophes as note in the task explanation.

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiabaxter) | 712 comments CYNBAXTER:

I have discovered this book: Moby-Dick in Pictures: One Drawing for Every Page by Matt Kish.

I would like to use it for Book 1...while the author's first and last name fulfill the requirements, I am hoping that the book itself is acceptable as it is a graphic novel of sorts. In any case, it is an amazing journey by the author, and a little bit ironic of how Moby Dick became an obsession for him.

message 8: by Andy (last edited Apr 04, 2016 04:20PM) (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3405 comments Cynthia wrote: "CYNBAXTER:

I have discovered this book: Moby-Dick in Pictures: One Drawing for Every Page by Matt Kish.

I would like to use it for Book 1...while the author's first and last name ..."

Unfortunately it will not work as no books in this genre are acceptable. according to SRC rules I would have had to indicate specifically that books in this genre can be used which I did not do.

message 9: by Sadayo (new)

Sadayo | 63 comments Am I right in assuming "The" counts as a word in the title on this one. For example, it would have to be Beach House and not The Beach House.

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3405 comments Sadayo wrote: "Am I right in assuming "The" counts as a word in the title on this one. For example, it would have to be Beach House and not The Beach House."

That is correct, all words count