Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Gladiator
This topic is about The Gladiator
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Gladiator by Carla Capshaw → Start Date: March 7, 2016

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Drishti, Dolce, Ashlyn and I would love it if you could join us when we read this for our movie challenge!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Thanks for making the thread!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Do we want to read 7 chapters a day to finish by Thursday?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That sounds reasonable to me. I wasn't able to start it today but I know I can finish it by Thursday.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I was only able to read about two chapters today, but I will read more tomorrow.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ch. 7

Marcus (view spoiler)

Caros (view spoiler)

Pelonia (view spoiler)

I am Christian so (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I have read through Chapter 6. I'm too tired to read Chapter 7 tonight, so I will read it in the morning and post then.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "Ch. 7

Marcus [spoilers removed]

Caros [spoilers removed]

Pelonia [spoilers removed]

I am Christian so [spoilers removed]"

Chapter 7

Marcus (view spoiler)

Caros (view spoiler)

Pelonia (view spoiler)

I usually (view spoiler)

I can't stand that the paragraphs aren't separated somehow when it goes to another character. It is very confusing, and usually takes me a little bit to realize what is going on.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I agree that the book is a little "preachy" but because I am Christian I am enjoying the message that I'm gleaning from it.

Ch. 14

Pelonia (view spoiler)

Caros (view spoiler)

Marcus (view spoiler)

I understand why Caros (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Chapter 14

I completely agree with your predictions. I am having a hard time with this book. I feel like (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I can see where you are coming from because Pelonia is definitely (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I think (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I completely agree, but I do think (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Chapter 21

Caros (view spoiler)

Marcus(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I agree with you about Caros saying what he did about her being his slave or his wife; however, (view spoiler)

Finished the book and I really liked it a lot.

I absolutely loved the (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I also liked at the end (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments There is a book about Alexius: The Champion (Love Inspired Historical) by Carla Capshaw

and one about Quintus and Adiona: The Protector by Carla Capshaw

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ashlyn wrote: "I also liked at the end [spoilers removed]"

I have to agree with you. But I guess Caros was (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Those are pretty good finds! They aren't even in the same series, right? I think The Gladiator is a standalone, isn't it?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I have no idea. I just saw in a review that there was going to be books from other characters points of views, so I looked it up. I'm assuming they take place after this one because of the characters.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Are you interested in reading them, or did The Gladiator kill it for you? LOL

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I don't think I would buy them, but I would read them if I can get it from the library. I love the time period it was set in.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, I'll check my library too.