YA Warriors Book Club discussion

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
This topic is about The Wrath and the Dawn
Book Pick of the Month > The Wrath and The Dawn PROGRESS!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (last edited Mar 05, 2016 01:22PM) (new) - added it

Alexandra Montgomery (amontgomeryauthor) | 80 comments Mod
Here's where you can discuss your progress on the book with your fellow YA Warriors! Remember to avoid spoilers in this section, if you can haha.

message 2: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Guys, I'm having a really hard time getting into this book :X

royaevereads | 11 comments I just finished it and I totally feel you Ali. Sorry to all the people who LOVE it, I know there are a lot of people that do, but I can't stand it haha. The story made me so mad lol.

message 4: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Roya Eve wrote: "I just finished it and I totally feel you Ali. Sorry to all the people who LOVE it, I know there are a lot of people that do, but I can't stand it haha. The story made me so mad lol."

Oh for real?! Whoaaaa now I want to finish it just to see what you mean haha but so far I agree, it's rubbing me the wrong way for some reason. I'm just not invested in the characters. Like Tariq's POV bores the snot out of me

message 5: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Sooooo....am I allowed to DNF this book? :X I can't get into it AT ALL and it's putting me in a reading slump lol.

royaevereads | 11 comments Oh man! How far through are you?

royaevereads | 11 comments Oh man! How far through are you?

message 8: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Roya Eve wrote: "Oh man! How far through are you?"

I'm only on page 150 lol

message 9: by Mogu (new)

Mogu | 9 comments I am so sorry I can't finish this book....This story is boring

TheMagicOfWhitePages (stupidpeoplearedangerous4) | 11 comments Okay from what I'm seeing from everyone here. I think I'm going to just get the book from the library. I was going to buy it, but with this many of y'all having iffy opinions. It might be better this way. If Ali and mogu are both DNFing it then I'm going to play it safe.

message 11: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Mogu wrote: "I am so sorry I can't finish this book....This story is boring"

No worries Mogul, I couldn't either XD and I agree

message 12: by Alexandra (new) - added it

TheMagicOfWhitePages wrote: "Okay from what I'm seeing from everyone here. I think I'm going to just get the book from the library. I was going to buy it, but with this many of y'all having iffy opinions. It might be better th..."

Thaaaat's probably a good idea :X I mean who knows, you might love it! (I know a lot of people do) but it's interesting that a lot of people in our book club aren't getting into it

Sushi ♥ (sushixreads) Ali wrote: "Mogu wrote: "I am so sorry I can't finish this book....This story is boring"

No worries Mogul, I couldn't either XD and I agree"

Why did you guys find it boring? I personally loved it and I'm just curious :)

message 14: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Sushi wrote: "Ali wrote: "Mogu wrote: "I am so sorry I can't finish this book....This story is boring"

Why did you guys find it boring? I personally loved it..."

I've been trying to figure that out myself actually haha and I think it's because it was so predictable. King has killed X amount of wives, but he main character shows up and suddenly she's the special one, the one who doesn't get killed because she's different. The main character hates the king, but finds herself inextricably drawn to him. There's a love triangle, because that's a thing. I just got bored haha.

And I know that's the story of 1,001 nights with shaharazad, but...it felt like the re-telling fell flat. It felt like the king just accepted and loved the main character Shazi out of nowhere. There was no relationship development or character development, it just happened, and it kind of felt like it happened that way because that's how the author / story needed it to happen, if that makes sense? Like it felt convenient.

Sushi ♥ (sushixreads) Ali wrote: "Sushi wrote: "Ali wrote: "Mogu wrote: "I am so sorry I can't finish this book....This story is boring"

Why did you guys find it boring? I perso..."

oh yeah. I can agree that the Khalid's love for her seemed like it was out of nowhere.