The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) The 5th Wave discussion

Am I the only one who hated it?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

prag ♻ The romance was slightly weird, yes, but the writing style- it was beautiful.

message 2: by (╯`▭´)╯︵ (dǝꓭ ƨ'ɒnɒ⅃) ǝɔnɒꓷ (last edited Mar 18, 2016 10:50PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

(╯`▭´)╯︵ (dǝꓭ ƨ'ɒnɒ⅃) ǝɔnɒꓷ Nope, I wasn't a huge fan either. I hated Cassie with a burning passion, Zombie was meh, and I kind of liked Evan, though his affections felt really insta-lovey and he was a bit...Well. Odd. Plus the writing style for me personally felt a little wonky and a bit confusing, and no matter how long I kept reading I just couldn't manage to truly get into the book like I wanted to. There were many times I found myself rolling my eyes and huffing at what was going on, and I felt more irritation and annoyance than panic and desperation. And for a book set in an apocalyptic setting, I should have been feeling pretty desperate. So even though I kind of want to know what happened to (view spoiler), I'm not planning on continuing with the series. Buuut that's just solely me and my opinion. I know other people who absolutely loved the book, which is completely fine. I'm just one of those people who are really tough to please. ^^"

Ridiel Yes, you are the diferentão. I agree that Cassie is very boring, but the writing and the rest of the characters are good.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

... How could you HATE IT :OOO

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ERMPH... howwwwwwww

and btw, her goal was to keep her brother safe the ENTIRE time

and she didn't know Ben was alive

and honestly, you can't be picky with guys when there is an alien apocalypse occurring around you

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I still think that something is up with Evan. Rick is setting something up. He's got to.
I still am totally shipping Cassie x Ben.

Sonya marie madden READING THIS but taking a break

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

XD
NO SPOILERS PEEPS.

Kayli Baker I liked the beginning, but as I kept reading I came to hate it. Cassie is bland and the romance is weird. So no, you aren't the only one.