Support for Indie Authors discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > We're Making Lists!

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Mar 05, 2016 09:55AM) (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Hi everyone!
As you may or may not know, Support for Indie Authors has some social media presence that we're trying to develop as well as the website. One such presence is our Twitter account. We're setting up some lists on Twitter so that our members have easy access to accounts we think they should follow and we'd like your help. If you follow any accounts that you find useful, we want to hear about them. Leave us the link and a brief description of what they do below and we'll see about adding them to our resource lists.

Also, we want to list you! If you're following us (and if you aren't, you should be), tweet to us what genres you write in (general genres, no more than three) and we will add you to our author lists.
Thanks folks!

message 2: by Zoltán (new)

Zoltán (witchhunter) | 267 comments I really have to think about getting on Twitter :/

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 241 comments I am so bad about creating lists... I have been meaning to do it for months. But I can make a suggestion of a list you should have... Book reviewers.

I follow tons of book reviewers and have been meaning to make a list of book reviewers. Feel free to add me to that list @HeidiAngell.

I am also an author of Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Fantasy, and YA literary fiction.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Heidi wrote: "I am so bad about creating lists... I have been meaning to do it for months. But I can make a suggestion of a list you should have... Book reviewers.

I follow tons of book reviewers and have been..."

Hi Heidi. Could you give your URL or just tweet that information to us. We're collecting resource links here but we want the authors to tweet so that we can easily add.

message 5: by Reese (new)

Reese Hogan (reesehogan) | 47 comments Tweet on your wall or as a private message?

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Just tweet at the account. It makes it easier to click and add you.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I tweeted you! @samcfischer

message 8: by Grace (new)

Grace Risata | 25 comments I agree with Heidi. I would LOVE a current list of book reviewers or book bloggers who do reviews. I'm not on twitter so I can't get in on the twitter thing, sorry.

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Hey guys. Please stick to leaving us resource links and suggestions. If you want to be added to our author list, all you have to do is tweet to the SIA account. Nothing more. This is not a discussion thread for the merits of social media. We have plenty of those in our marketing and promo folder, if you'd like to join the discussion.

message 10: by Tere (new)

Tere Fredericks | 5 comments Is there a list for those of us who will be glad to review and/or beta read? I'm in school right now, and am trying to finish three beta/reviews, but would be glad to be such a list. I will be off on Spring break in a week, and will be able to read until my eyes bleed. Ideas? Places to look? I don't really want to limit myself to one genre of reviewing/beta because when an author puts it in just one category, I may love it anyway. For example, westerns. I'm not found of them, but there have been some that have left me laughing and the author didn't say they had humor (I just hope they meant the book to bee funny, LOL).

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Waltz (andreawaltz) | 10 comments Just followed you! I'm @OnyxWebb - I have a few good lists too.

Heidi wrote: "I am so bad about creating lists... I have been meaning to do it for months. But I can make a suggestion of a list you should have... Book reviewers.

I follow tons of book reviewers and have been..."

message 12: by Damien (new)

Damien (LukeWinters) | 1 comments Hi - am @LukeWintersUK

message 13: by J C (last edited Mar 10, 2016 03:48PM) (new)

J C Steel (jcsteel) Christina wrote: Also, we want to list you! If you're following us (and if you aren't, you should be), tweet to us what genres you write in (general genres, no more than three) and we will add you to our author lists.

Hi Christina, done - @steel_jo! Thanks :)

message 14: by J C (new)

J C Steel (jcsteel) Christina wrote: We're setting up some lists on Twitter so that our members have easy access to accounts we think they should follow and we'd like your help. If you follow any accounts that you find useful, we want to hear about them.

And if you aren't already following, @FionaQuinnBooks has a blog filled with excellent articles for anyone whose plot involves action :)

message 15: by Jens (new)

Jens Lyon | 47 comments I just sent you a tweet from my @JensLyon account.

message 16: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 9 comments I'm a new member from Alberta, Canada. If there is a list of reviews out there I would sure love one. Getting reviews is a difficult task.

message 17: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Griswold (mzgrizz) | 5 comments I tweeted you @marciagriswold :) Thank you!

M. Ray Holloway Jr.   (mrayhollowayjr) | 180 comments M.E. wrote: "I'm a new member from Alberta, Canada. If there is a list of reviews out there I would sure love one. Getting reviews is a difficult task."

Hi, M.E.!
If you will go to the Forum main page, you will see all the topics available. There are numerous people posting to request reviews and who are willing to do free reviews for other people. If you read through them, I am sure you can find what you are looking for. Good Luck!

message 19: by Ceanmohrlass (new)

Ceanmohrlass Ceanmohrlass | 69 comments Just tweeted y'all! @ceanmohrlass Thank you!

message 20: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 9 comments Where do I find the Forum main page? I am still fairly new to Goodreads and am trying to find my way around.

M. Ray Holloway Jr.   (mrayhollowayjr) | 180 comments You can click on "Groups" in the upper right hand corner of this thread. That will take you there. Look for "Support for Indie Authors" and click on it. The topics page will then open up for you to peruse. If you scroll down to Free Services, I'm sure you will find people who are looking for books to review for their blogs. I hope this helps.

message 22: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 9 comments I think I was just in the section you are talking about.

message 23: by Jin-Chen (new)

Jin-Chen Wang | 7 comments I just tweeted Support for Indie Authors with my genre. Thank you.

message 24: by Jess (new)

Jess Fulton | 3 comments M.E. wrote: "Where do I find the Forum main page? I am still fairly new to Goodreads and am trying to find my way around."

M. Ray Holloway Jr. wrote: "You can click on "Groups" in the upper right hand corner of this thread. That will take you there. Look for "Support for Indie Authors" and click on it. The topics page will then open up for you to..."

Thanks for the question M. E. I am new to this Goodreads myself. Seems everytime I have a question, someone else has had it too! And Thanks M. Ray for the reply to M. e.

message 25: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 9 comments It is much easier to find than I originally thought.

message 26: by Clint (new)

Clint Forgy (clintforgy) | 39 comments Just tweeted you. Thanks for this. :)

message 27: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 126 comments Tweet sent! Thanks!

message 28: by Owen (new)

Owen Banner (owenbanner) Thanks for the resource and the platform.

message 29: by Owen (new)

Owen Banner (owenbanner) Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, though, but what is your Twitter handle?

message 30: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Owen wrote: "Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, though, but what is your Twitter handle?"

@SupportIndieAut
https://twitter.com/SupportIndieAut?s=09

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I just tweeted you. I only just joined twitter a few days ago so I'm still learning how to drive it. https://twitter.com/jjenningsauthor

message 32: by Johnno (new)

Johnno Payne | 2 comments Sent you a tweet and followed. :)

message 33: by A.B. (new)

A.B. Syed (absyed) | 5 comments Hello!
I've just joined this group today - I've read the guidelines and just followed you on Twitter and sent you a tweet!

Thanks for creating this lovely group!

If you want to follow me, I am @AmazingUmbrella

message 34: by A.B. (new)

A.B. Syed (absyed) | 5 comments M. Ray Holloway Jr. wrote: "You can click on "Groups" in the upper right hand corner of this thread. That will take you there. Look for "Support for Indie Authors" and click on it. The topics page will then open up for you to..."

Yes, that really helps!
Thanks!
I've been on Goodreads for ages but there is always so much going on here, it gets a bit scary!

message 35: by Shandi (new)

Shandi Boyes (shandiboyes) | 2 comments I have tweeted (I think) I am new to Twitter!

Cheers
Shandi

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.