Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

2016 Monthly Reads > March Read: Books with Odd Titles

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1159 comments Mod
We are reading BOOKS WITH ODD TITLES for the month of March! Ever bought a book because the title was weird or different or just made you go hmmm? Those are the books we are reading this month.

Since it is a theme instead of a Genre, we will hopefully see different genres in this thread this month.

What are you reading this month? What are some books you have read in the past that had strange titles?

message 2: by Lea Ann (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 592 comments Fun!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, Oh ... call on me please, teach:

Two of my all time favorites and favorites to recommend:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Prayers for Sale

Another one I read just because of the title of the series: Intergalactic Matchmaking Service: Maggie's Story

message 4: by Lea Ann (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 592 comments I have Egg & Spoon on my radar right now.

message 5: by Melissa (last edited Mar 07, 2016 05:35PM) (new)

Jonmontanavega wrote: "Oh, Oh ... call on me please, teach:

Two of my all time favorites and favorites to recommend:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Prayers for Sale

Anot..."

I loved The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie society!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

I haven't gotten any reading done this month, I am hoping April changes that!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Does Villette qualify as an odd title?

Other possibilities: Coral Hare: Atomic Agent [dnf]

Public Secrets [oxymoron - haven't read yet]

The Colors of Space [Marion Zimmer Bradley - 50% done - space doesn't have color, they say]

and this erotic book for best cover of the month: Oh Claire! by Giulia Napoli Oh Claire. [Nope, haven't read it yet either.]

message 8: by Lea Ann (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 592 comments Okay, so it took me until April 2nd, but I finally finished Egg & Spoon. I really liked the story, so I'm not sure why it took me so long to read. Well, it is 475 pages long, and I usually read books half that size so that probably had something to do with it, AND it is not really the genre I prefer. It is a fantasy book with heavy elements of Russian folklore, so there's that too.

I did read online that a few years ago some studio bought movie rights to this book, so I'm hoping that pans out because I'd love to see it.

message 9: by Lea Ann (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 592 comments and this erotic book for best cover of the month: Oh Claire! by Giulia Napoli Oh Claire

Well, I checked out the reviews on this book and now I want to add it to my summer reading list! Definitely couldn't take that one to school and do a book talk on it. lol