Audiobooks discussion

Ask Audible > How do you share your progress from Audible to Good reads?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new)

April  | 4 comments AHHH! I can't post my progress to good reads from audible. I can post on facebook but thats it! HELP!

message 2: by Audiothing (new)

Audiothing | 210 comments I just share as though it were a book, I put in a percentage by guessing at how much I've "read"

message 3: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Mar 05, 2016 01:26PM) (new)

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 144 comments I do that also dividing the read chapters of the book by the total chapters in the book and than post the percentage

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments If I am listening on my Android tablet there is a share button. I tap that and then tap Twitter and it will tell me how far, percentage wise, I am into the book I am listening too. There is also a share button on my laptop Windows 10 app, but I don't use it because it is not connected to my twitter account .

message 5: by April (new)

April  | 4 comments Yeah, I figured it out when I posted it to facebook... :) Thank you anyway.

message 6: by Deedra (new)

Deedra | 172 comments I wait until I'm done,then put the same review on both pages.lol

message 7: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (claidheamdanns) | 1 comments The iPhone app also has a share button, and clicking on that shows the percentage. Why they don’t just have it available in Audible is beyond me

message 8: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 77 comments I do a bit of percentage math. I divide 100 by the length of the audio book (remembering that 45 minutes is .75 of an hour, for example). That gives me a percentage per hour. Then, whenever I want to update, I multiply how much time I've read by the original number I got and that gives me the percentage of how far I am through the book.

For whispersync books, I just look up where I'm at on my Kindle and use that number.

message 9: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 40 comments If you don't use Facebook or Twitter, you can also send yourself an email with the share button. Sometimes I use this feature just to get the percentage, but don't actually send the email.

message 10: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 77 comments Carlissa- I had no no idea you could do that! I didn’t even realize there was a share button on the app. That is so good to know and so easy. I just tried it and it worked well.

message 11: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 40 comments Kristie wrote: "Carlissa- I had no no idea you could do that! I didn’t even realize there was a share button on the app. That is so good to know and so easy. I just tried it and it worked well."

Glad I could be of help!

message 12: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 68 comments Carlissa wrote: "If you don't use Facebook or Twitter, you can also send yourself an email with the share button. Sometimes I use this feature just to get the percentage, but don't actually send the email."

I hadn't noticed that before either, what an easy way to get your percentage done! I used to calculate it out like Kristie.

When I tried it out I got the "social butterfly" badge. Now I'm only missing dabbler (which I should qualify!) and repeat listener (and have repeated a couple of small "books"). Not that I'm trying to collect these things. 😄

message 13: by MissSusie (new)

MissSusie | 1944 comments Gavin wrote: "The iPhone app also has a share button, and clicking on that shows the percentage. Why they don’t just have it available in Audible is beyond me"

I had no idea you could share like that from the app thanks for the info!

message 14: by Robin P (new)

Robin P | 1035 comments After I once posted that I was Currently Reading a certain book, I got reminders from GR checking on my progress. I hated that so I never did it again. I only post books as Want to Read or after I've read them with a rating/review.

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1 comments Thanks all! The ‘email yourself’ trick worked :)

message 16: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3647 comments Robin wrote: "After I once posted that I was Currently Reading a certain book, I got reminders from GR checking on my progress. I hated that so I never did it again. I only post books as Want to Read or after I'..."

I'm pretty much the same, although I do keep one or two Currently Reading to show there's something going on.

message 17: by James (new)

James Maxon (jdmaxon) | 1 comments Looks like the share button no longer gives the option to share the percentage read. Only lets you share a link to the book itself. No idea why Amazon is making this so difficult when they own both Audible and Goodreads. One would think they'd want us to share our Audible progress.

message 18: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 31 comments You can also put the audio book title in your ‘currently reading’ pile and then mark your progress on GR. It’s not automatic, but it works.

You might see if your GR and Amazon account are linked.

message 19: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 77 comments James wrote: "Looks like the share button no longer gives the option to share the percentage read. Only lets you share a link to the book itself. No idea why Amazon is making this so difficult when they own both..."

Not sure which type of phone / app you have, but on my iPhone app, the option to send my progress (%) is still available.

For me to do so:
Hit the three dots in the upper right hand corner.
Select share.
Select share my progress.
Select email, text, etc.
I select it, see my %, then just cancel. I don't actually send it.

message 20: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 592 comments James wrote: "Looks like the share button no longer gives the option to share the percentage read. Only lets you share a link to the book itself. No idea why Amazon is making this so difficult when they own both..."

Yes, this has been annoying me too.

message 21: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 592 comments Kristie wrote: "James wrote: "Looks like the share button no longer gives the option to share the percentage read. Only lets you share a link to the book itself. No idea why Amazon is making this so difficult when..."

In the Android version, the "share my progress" option has disappeared. What you describe is how I have been figuring out my progress over the last year or so but is now no longer available to me.

Although Audible is not the only app that has discontinued letting its users know the percent progress easily, I find this trend both puzzling and frustrating. I can still figure out the % from the listening time but why make me do this math for something that used to be built in?? What is the advantage to them in removing this feature?

message 22: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 77 comments I agree. I used to do the math and was so happy when I found the % feature. I don't know why they'd remove it. Maybe they'll include it again in later updates, since so many people are complaining about it being removed. If we're lucky, they'll make it even easier to find / use.

I know some people with iPhones that have said they no longer have the feature either, but mine is up to date with updates and it is still there, so I can't explain that.

message 23: by Tom (new)

Tom Casey (tomsboxers) | 3 comments I do it manually now, on my Ipad I go to share, share my progress, then open notes and it shows as a percentage on there. long way round but it works,

message 24: by Darrin (new)

Darrin Hert | 1 comments I was so frustrated when they removed the option at the beginning of April that I found the APK for the version that still had it and side-loaded it. The only downside was I also had to turn off automatic app updating since Android doesn't give an option to turn off updating on an app-by-app basis. It's not a huge deal, I just update my apps manually now. I would encourage everyone who used this feature and wants it back to send support requests to Audible.

message 25: by Zannie (new)

Zannie (sparklylikeaholiday) | 1 comments I am even just happy if they show me the percentage of progress. Even without the option to share it anywhere I don’t mind typing it in on good reads manually... but there’s NO percent progress at all anymore. ☹️ I’m sending my note to audible now!

message 26: by Tom (new)

Tom Casey (tomsboxers) | 3 comments I previously stated that I used notes app which gave me % but that’s stopped doing that now.