Support for Indie Authors discussion

Author Resources-No New Posts > Booklinker - For your Linking Book Links

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.B., Beach Body Moderator (new)

C.B. Archer | 1090 comments Mod
An author friend told me about http://www.booklinker.net/.

They allow you customize your shortlinks for books and author profiles. You can pick the front bit, and type the end bit to avoid those Goo-18ajwe0 links. (They look like GetBookAt.BookName)

It stores all your links together so you can go back and find them and it seems to keep a total of how many times people click the link.

I suspect that you could make say 3 different links for the same book, and put them in different places you advertise, and actually check which social media sites are actually getting you clicks!

Can someone do that who gets lots of clicks? An interesting experiment at least.

It is also free!

message 2: by James (new)

James Aura (jamesaura) | 21 comments That sounds interesting. Some writer friends and I will check it out.
Cheers!
James

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Emme (Lisa_Emme) | 212 comments What I like about them is you enter you Amazon ID for your book and it creates a link that works worldwide and directs the clicker to the appropriate Amazon site based on their IP addresss so you only need one Amazon link (no more in US use this link, in Canada use this one)

message 5: by C.B., Beach Body Moderator (new)

C.B. Archer | 1090 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Psst: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Sure, I worship you, but I can't be expected to read everything you write. That would be exhausting! :D

message 6: by Christina (last edited Mar 04, 2016 04:42PM) (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) True, but you could have read Ann's pinned post that says not to post in the Author Resources folder. :p

(Leaving this though because it is a vetted resource)

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Mae (jackiemae) | 3 comments I've been looking for something like this. Thank you so much.