Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Book Chat > left hand path, Luciferian suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lissalye (new)

Lissalye | 10 comments I seem to have fallen down a rabbit hole. I am curiouser and curiouser about Luciferians... can anyone suggest some good reading on the shadow side or authors even

message 2: by Ronald (new)

Ronald Clarke | 6 comments "Women of the Golden Dawn" by Mary K Greer

message 3: by Ronald (new)

Ronald Clarke | 6 comments "Symbol and Magic in Egyptian Art " is another favorite ...

message 4: by Toviel (last edited Mar 05, 2016 01:14AM) (new)

Toviel (exagge) | 65 comments Are you asking specifically for theistic satanist literature? LeVeyan Satanism, for example, is one of the most well-known LHPs, but it's entirely atheistic.

Now as for my recommendations, these are more along the lines of "books Luciferians recommended to me in the past" rather than books I have actually read myself. As such, I can't vouch for the quality of said books aside from what I've heard on the grapevine about them.

Spiritual and Demonic Magic: A book on the history of magic and witchcraft in the 15th - 16th centuries.

Luciferian Witchcraft: Focuses on modern magical/ritual aspects of Luciferianism. On the downside, the author has been accused of poor research, so take it with a grain of salt.

The Altar of Sacrifice and The Red King: I don't know a whole lot about these two books, aside from the fact that they're very expensive. The author writes a lot of books on the subject of Lucifer, though.

The Pillars of Tubal-Cain: From my understanding, this book connects the esoteric and occult influences from Hemetic and/or Mason groups (e.g. the Golden Dawn) to the Luciferian gnosis of today.

The Lilith Monographs: Volume 1: Immaculata: Since Lilith is a figure that comes up a lot in Lucifierianism, here's a book on her, too. I do believe a Volume 2 exists, but I can't seem to find it on Goodreads.

Paradise Lost and Doctor Faustus: Fictional reads, but I see them brought up in Luciferian discussions all the time.

As I mentioned before, Satanists and Luficierians are NOT interchangeable. Buuut if you want to also learn about the former, here's a couple other titles you might be interested in:

The Satanic Bible: It's the basic backbone of the modern Church of Satan/LaVeyan Satanism.

The Temple of Set I and The Temple of Set II: A memoir by one of the founding high priests of the Temple of Set. It goes into detail about the split between ToS and the The Church of Satan.

Lastly, I've heard Luciferians/Theistic Satanists say that their philosophies are similar to that of Lokean heathens. So, it might be worth picking up a few books on Loki worship and compare the two. Additionally, looking into other lightbringers (Prometheus, Hecate, etc.) may, uh, shed light on the subject.

message 5: by Paisley (new)

Paisley | 7 comments I read an article just this morning that may be relative to your interests. It gave me a few books to add to my own list.

http://www.dirgemag.com/flowers-evil-...

message 6: by Lissalye (new)

Lissalye | 10 comments Thanks for all the recommendations!
I'm less interested in theistic Satanism, more interested in light bearer mythos and symbology, and the the philosophy/magical practices thereof. I have not researched enough to have an intelligent conversation about exactly what I hope to find (or accomplish) but I'm currently reading Wisdom of Eosphoros by Michael Ford and while I don't agree with everything much of this resonates strongly. When I decide to research things I get obsessive, I want to have a list of books to devour. Thanks for your help Lysistrata.

message 7: by Lissalye (new)

Lissalye | 10 comments Paisley, I just read the article. Now I want to find Berthe de Courrière's poetry.

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert White | 9 comments Lissalye wrote: "Thanks for all the recommendations!
I'm less interested in theistic Satanism, more interested in light bearer mythos and symbology, and the the philosophy/magical practices thereof. I have not res..."

I was going to recommend Michael Ford. Use discretion about hangers on who try to assiciate themselves with him though.

Another classic in this field is Lords Of The Left Hand Path: A History Of Spiritual Dissent

message 9: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Vogelbacher (prissbns) | 3 comments You should all seriously read my book. I genuinely believe you will all be interested. It has a lot of firsts in the genre and I take an objective perspective. It is definitive mythology and theology and my level of comprehensiveness cannot be found anywhere else.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜ (onthisgoodearth) | 72 comments I find Luceriferian beliefs to be very interesting. Even though I personally have no concept of the devil or anybody who has become him I still find the path interesting. Are there any Wiccans who incorporate Lucifer into their beliefs?

message 11: by Toviel (new)

Toviel (exagge) | 65 comments Erin the Avid Reader ★Wiccan Girl, Too★ wrote: "I find Luceriferian beliefs to be very interesting. Even though I personally have no concept of the devil or anybody who has become him I still find the path interesting. Are there any Wiccans who ..."

While I'm not a Wiccan, I've seen a few people who follow the Leland-esque Diana/Lucifer variant of the God/Goddess in their path. It's definitely not the norm though, and a lot of Wiccans/Neo-Wiccans are very vocally against association with devil worship.

Joseph “Millennium Man” (millenniumman) | 70 comments Why worship Satan?

Joseph “Millennium Man” (millenniumman) | 70 comments Rhetorical question? or not?
Is there any more to know or understand ?

message 14: by Toviel (new)

Toviel (exagge) | 65 comments Any version of "Why worship [insert thing]?" will have a myriad of broad and personal answers that vary from person to person. I highly recommend looking at literally any of the books mentioned previously in the thread and drawing your own conclusions.

message 15: by Priscilla (last edited Jul 20, 2017 02:04AM) (new)

Priscilla Vogelbacher (prissbns) | 3 comments Of course I must recommend my book "Hallowed Be Thy Name: Lucifer, Origins & Revelation." No other delves as deep into the mythology of Lucifer and everything surrounding him, nor is any as exhaustive on the subject. Check it out here on Goodreads and you can get it on Amazon.

Erin the Avid Reader ⚜BFF's with the Cheshire Cat⚜ (onthisgoodearth) | 72 comments I'm going to check it out, thanks!

message 17: by Tom (last edited Jul 21, 2017 02:13AM) (new)

Tom Blaschko | 5 comments Hi Priscilla,

I just read your book description. Saying that Lucifer is the Holy Spirit is a good start toward changing the harm caused by the idea of original sin. My thought is that we humans were offered a choice, and we chose knowledge -- that's what is required to live up to being made in god's image.

Do you get into the other stories of beings who brought fire to humans? Prometheus, for example, or some of the native myths of creation. They all seem like the same story from different cultures.

We humans haven't done all that well with the gift so far. I have hopes that changing the creation myth, as I believe you are trying to do, will help us understand how to use our abilities to bring more positive life force into our beautiful world.

I'll get a copy and check out what you have to say.

Blessings,
Tom

message 18: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments Lucifer isn't Satan or satanic. Lord of light, female aspect is Venus. Not devil worship either. Lucifer gave us the backbone/DNA that helped us pass from plant into animal state (as in evolution so too esoterically), represents Will, and other side Lust. Both needed to go forward. Look at the wizard of Oz understory: tinman (mineral)needed heart to feel, straw man (plant) needed brain, lion man (backboned creature, fish, animal, human) needs courage. Courage is will, desire, lust. Lucifer is also Iblis in Islam. Fallen angel, and by far my favourite. Best to all.

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Toupin | 2 comments Check out anything Babylonian. Anything Path of Lilith you'll find in the same category you are looking for. Though I warn you, it is not for those strictly on the right hand path.

Related- I suggest a traditional craft book- The Devil's Dozen, which is published by Troy Books in the UK. This doesn't specifically mention Lucifer, but is more generic towards his parallels and any god modern culture associates with the 'devil.'

message 20: by Lesley-anne (new)

Lesley-anne Brewster | 34 comments Hello
Have you read 'Aradia: Gospel of the Witches' by Charles Leland?
It was a must-have when I started out on my Craft path, and I rseem to recall mention there of the Lucifer-Venus correlation.
Blessed be