The County Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Reader's Choice > Reader's Choice Spring 2016

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 40 comments My favorite so far was A Darker Shade of Magic- which is now in development for a tv series. The second one is in our catalog now...

Britt, Book Habitue (britt--bookhabitue) | 368 comments Really enjoyed By Book or By Crook. Death and the Redheaded Woman was a good mystery but a lot of sex. Not a fan of House of Echoes. The Kind Worth Killing has some interesting twists and turns but I'm not sure I can say I'm enjoying it-- lots of language and sex.

message 4: by Brendakins (new)

Brendakins | 6 comments Touch was a GREAT concept! And it was written well until the last several chapters. I've said it in a few other places, but it felt to me like she was rushing to get the book finished and didn't really think out the ending. I'd really like to hear what others thought.

Britt, Book Habitue (britt--bookhabitue) | 368 comments The Stranger She Loved: A Mormon Doctor, His Beautiful Wife, and an Almost Perfect Murder was certainly compelling. I enjoyed reading it more than I expected to.

Britt, Book Habitue (britt--bookhabitue) | 368 comments Lawyer for the Dog was pretty cute. I enjoyed it.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (hmdaniels) | 5 comments I've gotten quite a few of these. Some I have really liked but it seems like the selections this time had a lot more language than they normally do.

message 8: by Darin (new)

Darin | 35 comments I also really enjoyed "A Darker Shade of Magic" - more than I thought I would. I tell people all the time that I don't really get into fantasy as a genre, but more and more, I think I need to stop saying that because I'm finding good things. For example, "Queen of the Tearling" was a Reader's Choice book that I truly enjoyed. And a few years ago, read "Rook" by Daniel O'Malley - the sequel, "Stiletto" will be out in June and I'm excited to read it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.