Feminist Science Fiction Fans discussion

Walk to the End of the World (Holdfast Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Walk to the End of the World
Group Selections > Walk to the End of the World by Suzy McKee Charnas (March 2016)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Viv (new) - rated it 4 stars

Viv JM | 18 comments I have created this thread to talk about Walk to the End of the World by Suzy McKee Charnas, the group's selection for March.

I have just read the book and think there's lots to discuss here! Is anyone else joining in?

Of interest might be a Coode Street podcast where the author (as well as Pamela Sargent) talks about the Holdfast Chronicles as well as feminist science fiction generally. The link is here

My edition of the book also includes the second in the series, Motherlines, which it looks like a lot of readers rated more highly, so I may continue on and read that later in the month (time permitting!)

Alexa (AlexaNC) | 270 comments I read Walk to the End of the World years and years ago (along with Motherlines) and mostly remember feeling absolutely revolted by it. Yet since then so many people have raved about it that I've decided I simply must take another look at it. So I'm girding my loins, and today will be picking up my on-hold copy of the book which is waiting for me at the library.

Taylor (seffietay) The first book of the series is fairly slow with little action, if I remember correctly, but Motherlines (the two books together are called The Slave and the Free) had a lot more going on. It's definitely gross, the whole submission pose thing I found pretty revolting. And I can't remember if the horses come into it by the second novel or the third... but that was also a little strange. Lots to talk about though!!!