Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Is there a better way for pseudonyms?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brett (new)

Brett | 2 comments While most of the time it seems authors who use pseudonyms will stick with just one, there are some oddities out there. For example, the sci-fi husband and wife team of Henry Kuttner and C.L. Moore collaborated on many stories, and often jointly wrote stories under the pseudonym of Lewis Padgett, and infrequently also as pseudonyms Lawrence O'Donnell and C.H. Liddell. While I understand that there should be Kuttner, Moore, and Padgett author pages to distinguish their individual and collaborative work, should there be O'Donnell and Liddell pages with the few works under those names, or should those pages be stubs directing people to file under Padgett? The former would match the book listing of author, but the latter would more accurately reflect true author count of all collaborations under one name rather than spread out under multiple. Thoughts?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Klosterman (katieklosterman) | 3 comments Your link reference an "about me" portion of the author page. What is that? I have tried to add in my maiden name since I wrote one book with that last name and one book with my married name. The first non-fiction book with my married name is in a legal dispute as the vanity publisher refuses to pay me any royalties, so I put the next fiction book out with my maiden name as he threatened me about it. I want to keep it off his radar as he scares me.