Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tricks For Reading Faster

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments I've been trying to follow one of the main rules for this group, which is to be active. In checking out some of the challenges I've seen members post monthly reading totals of 30-40 books and I'm in awe!! I'm lucky if I read 8-10.

How do you guys read a book a day or more?? Do you do this for a living? Or do you have some special tricks that help you get through more books in a month?

I could use all the help I can get because my tbr list just keeps growing!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 03, 2016 12:35PM) (new)

I have good reading periods and less good reading periods.

What I do is read before bed, the old I`ll just read a chapter and then not stopping unntil the book is finished\my eyes have closed themselves rutine.
Also, reading while communiting is another tip.
A lot of people, me included, read several books at once. One they listen as an audiobook, and one they read in bed++
What usually helps my reading is the fact that its more or less my only hobby, I watch tv and movies as well, but BOOKS ARE MY LIFE so lots of books get read.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I use to read one or two books a day back when I was in school. But that was more because of stress than any ability to read fast.

My best advice if you want to read more books is to simply read. Read whenever there is a gap in your time. Read when you get up, read when you're eating, read when commuting, read, read, read. ^-^

message 4: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 303 comments I read more than one book at a time. Plus, I don't have cable so I don't watch much tv. I have to wait for things to be put online.

message 5: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (LadyFireheart9294) I'll read in the drivethru if the lane is busy and if the line in the store is really long, I just take out my book and start reading.

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Ashlee wrote: "I'll read in the drivethru if the lane is busy and if the line in the store is really long, I just take out my book and start reading."

I'm glad it's not just me! I will too! I absolutely always have a book with me :)

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I absolutely do the same thing as Ashlee and Trisha! I teach high school and I read when I walk down the halls to the bathroom, I read in lines, I listen to audio books EVERY time I drive anywhere, even 2 blocks away. READ READ READ!!