What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Man has to find girl each time she's born to fulfil vow made at her death [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (isaplan) | 4 comments Ok, back in the 1990s I was reading a book series. There was probably 5-10 books.

It's fantasy. Ill describe what I remember.

There's 2 guys and a girl. The girl has blonde hair. She is in love with both guys, but one is her brother. She is pregnant, and she drowns in the river. I can't remember if she jumped, or if the brother killed her. The brother kills himself. The other man vows to always find the girl and protect her and teach her (he was teaching her magic I think). Thunder boomed to verify his deal was made.

He then lives for hundreds of years and has to wander the land trying to find her when she is reborn. Each time he finds her the brother's reborn self finds her and usually ends up killing her. So he has to start over and find her over and over. He eventually finds her and is able to teach her, although she is a warrior in this life.

message 2: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 708 comments I don't think this is right, but some elements are similar to The Troy Game.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (isaplan) | 4 comments Found it. Its Daggerspell from the Deverry series by Katherine Kerr. Ive been searching for a long time and finally found it right after posting here.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Daggerspell by Katharine Kerr for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Daggerspell (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Katharine Kerr (other topics)