SNA Y7.02 (2015-2016) discussion

Assignment > Final post Term 3 Week 8 New Book Recommendation

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurr (new)

Nurr Shahidna | 23 comments Mod
Recommend a new book for your friends to read. Give a short book recommendation.

message 2: by Ciaxhartono (new)

Ciaxhartono | 13 comments I recommend this book called Shatter Me.
This book is abiut a girl named Juliette who is locked up in an assylum. She was accused of murder that she didn't even know of. Her parents were terrified of her, the doctors said that they haven't seen anything like it and the authorities said that she should be brought in. She had been in the mental hospital place which she thinks is a kind of prisok, hasn't talked to anyone for almost a year until The Reestablishment said that they needed her powers. So far, this book is very interesting and mysterious as well. I highly recommend this book.
Rate : 5/5

message 3: by Jonathanliem (new)

Jonathanliem | 15 comments my book is called I hate myselfie.
the book is about the life of a youtuber called shane Dawson. it's basically about what he has been through his past life. the book is called I hate myselfie not myself is because he hates how he shows himself on the Internet not that he hates himself. he also writes about how he dealt with being overweight and how he changed. I totally recommend this book to anyone. 10/10!!!!

message 4: by Felecia (new)

Felecia Agatha | 21 comments Book : Illuminae (Illuminae Files 01)
Author : Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Rate : 5/5

I highly recommend this book to you all, especially those of you who loves to read fiction novels that involves science fiction. This book is ambitious, totally out of this world yet heartbreaking. ( yes, this book include a little teenage romance in it :( ) I also like this book as it deludes document types, clues and characters and the authors too like to surprise the reader. This book includes interview transcripts, diary entries and more.
It tells the story of how our planet is invaded and how to fight back our enemies and get our Earth back.
P.S : This book was named one of the best books of 2015 :)
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman

message 5: by Sabina (new)

Sabina Tannady | 15 comments I recommend a book ' School for good and evil' it is the story of how some children get kidnapped by a principal whom brings them to a fairytale kingdom and teaches them how to be fairytale legends.2 girls were brought in to the fairytale kingdom , one who acts gloomy and dark the other as the opposite.There are 2 schools one for good , the other for evil,unexpectedly, the dark girl(Agatha ) was brought in to the school for good and the other (Sophie) in the school for evil.In the end ,they chose each other and escaped then continued their life in their village.TO BE CONTINUED in the next book.i rate this book a 4.8/5 stars

message 6: by Nicholas.N.G (new)

Nicholas.N.G | 12 comments I read a book called Deadlock.The book is about a woman called Victoria Iphigenia Warshawski, she is an investigator from Chicago. A few days before, her cousin, Boom Boom died. So she investigates the death of Boom Boom. Vic is a very tough girl and she can't be stopped by anybody.I recommend this book to people who likes crime and mystery.I rate this book 4/5

message 7: by Natashatjahajo (new)

Natashatjahajo | 27 comments i read a book called city of bones in the sieries of mortal instrument i highly reccomand this book because its intersting and its about the dad is a evil guy and his daughter trying to be good but her father force her to be evil and i rate this book 5/5

message 8: by Derrick (new)

Derrick | 22 comments I would recommend the book Assassin's Creed Black Flag. It is set in the Golden Age of Piracy, and Edward Kenway, a wool merchant's greedy son, dreams of living a luxurious life on the glory of the high seas. He soon became one of the deadliest pirates of his day, alongside La Buse and the legendary Blackbeard. His greed soon catches him however, and he has to fight back to avoid everything he holds dear destroyed, and so he is drawn into the centuries old battle between the Assassins and the Templars. I rate this book a 4.5/5.

message 9: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 31 comments My book Anne of Green Gables was written by Lucy Maud Montgomery and was first published in June 1908. Written for all ages, the book describes the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is sent to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert by mistake.
Ever since its publication, Anne of Green Gables has sold more than fifty million copies and has been translated into 20 languages. It has also been adapted as a film, TV movies and animated and life-action series. Plays and musicals based on this book have been created as well.
The redhead spunky Anne has been everyone's favorite character and most of this books' readers give it five stars. Because they find Anne a delightful character and her appreciation for life's loveliness inspires them.
I highly recommend Anne of Green Gables especially for people who are and who wants to become strong girls.

message 10: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 31 comments My book Anne of Green Gables was written by Lucy Maud Montgomery and was first published in June 1908. Written for all ages, the book describes the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is sent to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert by mistake.
Ever since its publication, Anne of Green Gables has sold more than fifty million copies and has been translated into 20 languages. It has also been adapted as a film, TV movies and animated and life-action series. Plays and musicals based on this book have been created as well.
The redhead spunky Anne has been everyone's favorite character and most of this books' readers give it five stars. Because they find Anne a delightful character and her appreciation for life's loveliness inspires them.
I highly recommend Anne of Green Gables especially for people who are and who wants to become strong girls.

message 11: by Elaine (new)

message 12: by Elaine (new)

message 13: by Elaine (new)

message 14: by Elaine (new)

message 15: by Elaine (new)

message 16: by Elaine (new)

message 17: by Albert (new)

Albert | 30 comments My book tile is Life In The Sky it is about a captain thought into every aspect of air travel-informing us of all hidden mysteries of airplane safety and regulations enlightening to who wanted to be an international airline pilot in this story the Captain Lim told us about useful guides,his stories and advices for air travelers
I recommend this book for people who like aircraft and those who travel a lot.You could buy this book for 13-15 usd. I also think that this is a 4.5 book and the author of this book is Captain Lim Khoy Hing himself

message 18: by Maybelle (new)

Maybelle | 17 comments The book i read is called the early years at malory towers. Its about a girl called Darrell moving to a barding school called malory towers she is a new student in the school she has a little sister called Felicity whom later will alsp attend malory towers. She has many friends like irene whom always forgets where she puts stuff but is very good at maths and music and sally hope whom was a very annoying and quiet studeny until her behaviour changed and darrell and she became best friends and then there is alicia who darrell used to admire but not really now. As time goes by she went through alot of problems.I would rate this book a 5/5 as it teaches u and tells u about what to expect in boarding school so you would know how to blend in.

message 19: by Regina (new)

Regina | 15 comments I read the book The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. the story is about Lisebeth Salander helping Mikeal Blomvisk finding for his grandniece. After finding his grandniece, Salander had fallen in love with him but saw he was with another woman.
I rate this book 4/5