Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

How to Get Arrested: (The Starsboro Chronicles: Season 1 Episode 1)
This topic is about How to Get Arrested
2016 Archives > Looking for badass characters who aren't afraid to get dirty and twisted urban legends? Look no further.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cameron (last edited Mar 17, 2016 06:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments Thanks for stopping by!

How to Get Arrested (The Starsboro Chronicles Season 1 Episode 1) by Cameron J. Quinn How to Diagnose a Changeling (The Starsboro Chronicles Season 1 Episode 2) by Cameron J. Quinn
Civilization is Dead: The Apocalypse Diaries

I hope you’re having fun at the Con. I’m Cameron J Quinn and I write fast-paced urban fantasy and science fiction with a focus on badass, complicated characters and twisted urban legends.

Join the Giveaway!
Each day of the Con I’m giving away a FREE set of the first two Starsboro Episodes, How to Get Arrested and How to Diagnose a Changeling, to one lucky commenter -- bonus points if you tell me your favorite urban legend!

I’m looking forward to getting to know you guys have fun!
#fantasy #sciencefiction #horror
Fairgrounds Map
#fantasy #comedy #horror #mystery #thriller

message 2: by Cameron (last edited Mar 04, 2016 08:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments Here’s a bit more about me:
I live in rural New Hampshire with my husband and two young sons. I also help other authors write, publish, and market their books through Amphibian Press and Amphibian Authors.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | AmphibianAuthors

message 3: by Cameron (last edited Mar 02, 2016 07:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments How to Get Arrested (The Starsboro Chronicles Season 1 Episode 1) by Cameron J. Quinn

How to Get Arrested (S1:E1)
Zurik D'Vordi finds himself in the back of an SPD squad car almost as often as he finds himself in a new woman's bed. But what is a human hybrid to do? He has to save a world that does not know it needs saving from things it doesn't want to believe exist.

When co-eds start disappearing, bad-boy Zurik finds himself Detective Jennifer Morgan's number one suspect. Trouble is, he's the only one who can find the missing girls. If Morgan doesn't start believing him, and fast, she'll have a multiple murder case on her hands.

The Starsboro Chronicles are the perfect combination of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Law and Order: SVU.
A new novlette (13-18,000 words) in the series is released each month.

message 4: by Cameron (last edited Mar 02, 2016 08:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments How to Diagnose a Changeling (The Starsboro Chronicles Season 1 Episode 2) by Cameron J. Quinn

How to Diagnose a Changeling (S1:E2)
Jennifer Morgan might be laid up in a full leg cast but that won’t keep her out of the game for long. When a case regarding children and their murdered parents falls into her lap, it doesn’t take her long to break the rules and look to the D’Vordi brothers for help.

Trent D'Vordi knew the nuns of ApplewoodAsylum were about as wholesome as the patrons of his brother's favorite strip club. He had no idea how crooked the organization really was.

If they are going to save a mother who's gone mad, they need to find a way to work together and around the Catholic Church.

How to Stalk a Stalker (S1:E3)
Will be available 3/19!

message 5: by Cameron (last edited Mar 14, 2016 04:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments Civilization is Dead: The Apocalypse Diaries

Coming Soon, The Apocalypse Diaries: Civilization Is Dead
In a world where no one stays dead and everyone is always hungry, twenty-year old Kara Grant thinks she has this whole survival thing figured out. Until, a group of refugees asks for safe haven in her gated -- and walled -- community. Located in the farmlands between what used to be New Hampshire and Vermont, they don't get many visitors. Taking in the band of rough characters could be essential to their survival. Or it could guarantee their demise.

With winter fast approaching and hardly enough to food to go around, they decide to let the newcomers stay as long as they brave the outside world and bring back food.

When bodies start piling up inside the walls, Kara finds herself trying to stop her community from lynching an innocent man. After all, Mason was outside the walls with her the night of the murders.

As if zombies weren’t enough to worry about, now she needs to save Mason’s life and stop the real killer before they strike again.

The Apocalypse Diaries: Civilization is Dead arrives this fall!

Join my Reader's List for updates and give aways!

message 6: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 53 comments Hi Cameron,

I'm bouncing between the fairground and facebook, and wound up here.

The Starsboro Chronicles sound fascinating :)

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments Rainne wrote: "Hi Cameron,

I'm bouncing between the fairground and facebook, and wound up here.

The Starsboro Chronicles sound fascinating :)"

Thank you so much!

V.S. Holmes (vs_holmes) | 36 comments Loved, loved, loved the first few three episodes. I can't wait for the next one!

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog) | 17 comments Hello! My favorite urban legend is Bloody Mary always used to creep me out expecially since my grandma had one of those Victorian style mirrors I was always afraid to look at it

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate M. Colby (katemcolby) | 36 comments Your booth title lured me in, and I'm so glad it did! I'm a sucker for anything apocalypse, so The Starsboro Chronicles seem like my kind of stories.

My favorite urban legend? Probably Sasquatch. Only because my parents went on a cruise to Alaska and had a tour guide who actually believed in it. He told my parents all about Sasquatch and gave them tips for hunting it! It was great marketing, though - my mom even bought his book on the creature!

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments Ashley wrote: "Hello! My favorite urban legend is Bloody Mary always used to creep me out expecially since my grandma had one of those Victorian style mirrors I was always afraid to look at it"
Bloody mary is definitely creepy! I'm currently trying to work that one into my lineup of chronicles!

Cameron Quinn | 10 comments Kate wrote: "Your booth title lured me in, and I'm so glad it did! I'm a sucker for anything apocalypse, so The Starsboro Chronicles seem like my kind of stories.

My favorite urban legend? Probably Sasquatch. ..."

So cool! I'm from NH and the news recently interviewed people here that claim to have seen it! I find Sasquatch so interesting for so many reasons! Thanks for sharing!