Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Suggestion for editing and proofreading services

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Parminder (new)

Parminder Singh | 2 comments Hello everyone,

I am keen reader and writer.

I am writing a children book.But before publishing i would like it to be proofread.

Please suggest me the free or cheap editing and proofreading services.

I am not a Native English speaker, but i would like my book to be enjoyed by all.

Looking for some valuable suggestions.

Thanks!

message 2: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) What language is it written in? Has it been translated into English? What type of English are you thinking of, British or American? How many words? Are you done with first draft?

Thanks, Morris

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Hello Parminder,

I'd suggest my editor, Jeri Walker . She has plenty of experience, is easy to work with and professional.

Here's her website that lists all of her editing services. http://jeriwb.com/freelance-editing-services/

message 4: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Thanks Denise for reposting. We're sorry it got deleted the first time around.

message 5: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Could you moderators please find the time to add "like" buttons to posts? That way, I can let you know I read your post and appreciated it with a "like" instead of taking up space.

Or better yet, maybe something like "fabulicious" "stinky" "got your back" "stab you in the back" and "back up that truck" :D

message 6: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments LOL Denise.., I wished that would be something Mods could do, but we don't own Goodreads. We can't make changes to their website. :(

message 7: by Parminder (new)

Parminder Singh | 2 comments Morris wrote: "What language is it written in? Has it been translated into English? What type of English are you thinking of, British or American? How many words? Are you done with first draft?

Thanks, Morris"

Hi Morris,
Its in American English, around 25000 words, yes I'm almost done with first draft. Could you suggest me something!