Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2016 > Discussion for Mercy Thompson

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments This is a UF series that follows Mercy Thompson

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs

message 2: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 28 comments I've read 4 of this series :)

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments This is one of my favorite series. I can't wait to read Fire Touched next week.

message 4: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 56 comments I have all the books and audiobooks. I love this series. I have the latest on pre order so as soon as it becomes available I'll have it.

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie M | 24 comments I love this series & Patricia Briggs! I also love the Alpha & Omega series that spawned from Mercy. She is a strong character. Love the Fae storylines & the walking stick! I've also read many other of Brigg's books and like her writing!

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) I'm up to date on this series. It's one of my favorites.

message 7: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments This is still one of my favs!
I wonder how many books she has planned. I loved them all except River Marked which I think is huge for 8 books

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 602 comments Darcy wrote: "This is one of my favorite series. I can't wait to read Fire Touched next week."

I agree, wholeheartedly!!!

message 9: by C (new)

C (cboggs) | 8 comments I'm in agreement with you guys. This is on of all time fav series. Mercy is such a strong, kickass character.

message 10: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 23 comments I'm a fan too. The characters evolve in a realistic way. I agree with Dawn that River Marked was the weakest.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Oleander wrote. I agree with Dawn that River Marked was the weakest."

I agree with you both. For me why it was the weakest was because Adam and Mercy were on their own and didn't have all the secondary characters we have come to love around.

message 12: by Kristen (last edited Mar 05, 2016 07:39PM) (new)

Kristen | 29 comments See, I really enjoyed River Marked. I liked that it was no longer about the pack or their issues, but Adam and Mercy got to spend time together with just them as a couple, as they are. Mercy didn't have to walk on glass, or appease anyone with what to say and do, she just got to be herself in her own skin.

Trouble did erupt but at least they got that break. Even if it came from another source, and it wasn't from anything Mercy did or said. Adam chose their honey moon spot himself, his choice of taking uncle Mike up on the trailer offer for whatever hidden agenda they might have, and the fae (yoyo) girl's offer of them staying at her camping site, so that ax didn't fall on Mercy's head with something she could possibly be blamed for, and yet she still saved everyone, she was the only person who could. I also liked meeting Coyote and his pals that were all interesting, especially Gordon.

I think Iron Kissed was the one (besides NB) that was the weakest, (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 8 comments One of my favorite series, and I agree that River Marked for me was the weakest.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Kristen wrote: "See, I really enjoyed River Marked. I liked that it was no longer about the pack or their issues, but Adam and Mercy got to spend time together with just them as a couple, as they are. Mercy didn't..."

You might want to mark the spoilers for Iron Kissed for those new to the series.

message 15: by KK (new)

KK (kk567) | 5 comments I love this series! Can't wait for the new one! I agree that the last one was the weakest, I had always loved Adam but I wanted to strangle him!

message 16: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Does anyone read the graphic novels?

message 17: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "Does anyone read the graphic novels?"

I did. I don't always like how the characters are drawn, they seem off and a little too "barbie". I think the ones with new story lines vs. the ones that were just a re-telling. While the re-telling was good, there was a lot that got left out.

message 18: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4520 comments I'm jumping on Kristen's bandwagon. I loved River Marked for all the reasons she gave. Sure I missed the good members of the pack, but the cessation of that tension that always seems to be there when the rest of them are around was a refreshing change.

I wasn't keen on Night Broken with Adam being a douche. Looking forward to Fire Touched when I can afford it, cause Pat Briggs books now cost the earth!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Kristen wrote: "See, I really enjoyed River Marked. I liked that it was no longer about the pack or their issues, but Adam and Mercy got to spend time together with just them as a couple, as they are. Mercy didn't..."

Totally agree about River Marked. It was awesome in all those aspects.