Fringe Fiction discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Fringe Fiction General Chat > Pay it Forward Read and Review Shelf

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 287 comments If you would like to list your book for easy shopping in the Pay it Forward Read and Review Challenge, post a GR link to the cover, and name the genre or genres that best describe your book.

If you would like to help keep track of which books have been reviewed, not as a popularity contest but as a way for new shoppers/reviewers to see what the activity has been, reply to the book post once when you start reading it, and once when your review has been posted.

For discussion go to the original Pay it Forward Read and Review topic and cheer each other on.

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 287 comments The Calling by Amber Foxx

Genre-blend: Literary fiction, mystery, paranormal.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments When Angels Fail Tales of the Macabre (When Angel's Fail, #1) by Michael Benavidez
Horror, Thriller(?)

message 4: by Wren (new)

Wren Figueiro | 216 comments Atancia (The Durand Duology, #1) by Wren Figueiro

YA Paranormal Romance

message 5: by Tiger (new)

Tiger Gray (tiger_gray) | 291 comments No Deadly Thing

I hesitate to call it urban fantasy, but I suppose urban fantasy/literary fantasy might be closest.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 287 comments How to Be Bad A Decision Select Novel by Michael La Ronn

Will let author choose genre

message 7: by Amber (last edited May 01, 2014 04:36PM) (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 287 comments Amber wrote: "How to Be Bad A Decision Select Novel by Michael La Ronn

Will let author choose genre"

I read this and have reviewed it on Goodreads, Amazon and Booklikes. My Booklikes reviews get automatically tweeted.

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Parent | 130 comments What Hides Within by Jason Parent

Horror/mystery/dark humor blend

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 287 comments Jason wrote: "What Hides Within by Jason Parent

Horror/mystery/dark humor blend"

Amber just purchased from Barnes and Noble, will start reading soon.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather Blair (lovelyshivers) | 40 comments Shivers, 9 Dark & Twisted Tales by Heather R. Blair

Paranormal romance/dark literary/horror

*and it's free thru midnight May 8th

message 11: by Monica (last edited May 07, 2014 09:50PM) (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments Famine (Book One of The Apocalyptics) by Monica Enderle Pierce

dark paranormal/dark, historical fantasy
Bookdaily promoted it as horror, so take your pick.

(I couldn't write a straight genre novel to save my life!)

message 12: by Monica (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments Tiger wrote: "No Deadly Thing

I hesitate to call it urban fantasy, but I suppose urban fantasy/literary fantasy might be closest."

I think it fits with urban fantasy, Tiger.

message 13: by David (new)

David Torres | 72 comments Restricted Renegade by David Torres

Action adventure/ Romance/ YA fiction

message 14: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 591 comments Chains of Prophecy by Jason Patrick Crawford

Urban/Contemporary Fantasy.

message 15: by Jason (last edited May 08, 2014 09:39AM) (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 591 comments Michael wrote: "When Angels Fail Tales of the Macabre (When Angel's Fail, #1) by Michael Benavidez
Horror, Thriller(?)"

I have read and reviewed this book.

message 16: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 591 comments Amber wrote: "How to Be Bad A Decision Select Novel by Michael La Ronn

Will let author choose genre"

I have read and reviewed Michael's book.

message 17: by Katie (last edited May 12, 2014 06:51AM) (new)

Katie Beitz (KatieBeitz) | 36 comments The Shadow Miner
The Shadow Miner by Katie Beitz

Fantasy, Teenage, Adventure, Australian

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer McDonald (JenMcDonald) | 162 comments Into the Veil

Into the Veil (Veilwalker Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer R. McDonald

YA Urban Fantasy
witches and warlocks, ghosts and a bit of Romance

message 19: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 591 comments Jennifer wrote: "Into the Veil

Into the Veil (Veilwalker Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer R. McDonald

YA Urban Fantasy
witches and warlocks, ghosts and a bit of Romance"

I have read and reviewed Jennifer's book.

message 20: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 591 comments Wren wrote: "Atancia (The Durand Duology, #1) by Wren Figueiro

YA Paranormal Romance"

I have also read and reviewed Wren's book.

message 21: by Wren (new)

Wren Figueiro | 216 comments I have read and reviewed Chains of Prophecy by Jason Patrick Crawford and Into the Veil (Veilwalker Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer R. McDonald .

I've started reading Restricted Renegade by David Torres

message 22: by David (new)

David Torres | 72 comments yay! :D

message 23: by David (new)

David Torres | 72 comments I have read and reviewed Atancia (The Durand Duology, #1) by Wren Figueiro and Totem (Book 1 Scars) by C Michael Lorion and reviewed both of them. I am now starting Into the Veil (Veilwalker Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer R. McDonald

message 24: by David (new)

David Torres | 72 comments Please read my book Restricted Renegade by David Torres

message 25: by K.P. (last edited May 12, 2014 11:03PM) (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 519 comments The Most Unlikely Beginnings by K Merriweather science fiction/action adventure.

or for something completely different Demonic Awakening by K P Merriweather historical fantasy

hunted down and started on Famine

Don't worry. I don't write straight genre either, like this one Chain Reaction Book 1 of the Agency by K P Merriweather My friends suggested science fiction/psycological thriller. I'm frankly not quite sure...

message 26: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 519 comments David wrote: "Please read my book Restricted Renegade (Restricted #1) by David Torres"

I entered for the contest. it seems cool and is up my alley :)

message 27: by Monica (last edited May 12, 2014 11:12PM) (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments Kp wrote: "hunted down and started on Famine..."

Thanks! :D I added Chain Reaction to my TBR, but I've got a whole mess of books ahead of it, so it'll be a while. (Sorry.)

message 28: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 519 comments hey, take your time. I got 10 years of books on my TBR shelf I'm still working on. XD New books keep pushing back my list. lolz. at the moment the heat's making my puter fussy, so I have plenty of time ^_^

message 29: by David (new)

David Torres | 72 comments Kp wrote: "David wrote: "Please read my book Restricted Renegade (Restricted #1) by David Torres"

I entered for the contest. it seems cool and is up my alley :)"

Cool :D

message 30: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) The Seventh Sentinel by Yolanda Ramos
The first in an urban, historical fantasy that features, archangels, angels, hidden artefacts and demons.

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer McDonald (JenMcDonald) | 162 comments I've read and reviewed Totem What Hides Within and Chains of Prophecy

Starting Atancia today.

message 32: by Dina (last edited May 15, 2014 07:23PM) (new)

Dina Roberts The Dead Are Online by Dina Roberts

It's paranormal...sort of horror. Kind of also a dramedy.

Age 17+

message 33: by Dina (new)

Dina Roberts I've read The Calling

I guess that's it for now. But I plan to read more.

message 34: by Maron (new)

Maron Anrow (maronanrow) | 117 comments Hello! I'm excited about this win-win strategy to increase honest reviews of indie books.

My book is Laika in Lisan (the Goodreads and Amazon links are below). It's a fantasy novel. The protagonist travels to a foreign country with a dystopian society (inspired by North Korea). It's meant to be a quick, fun read with some romance, humor, and suspense.
Goodreads: Laika in Lisan by Maron Anrow
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JYNFXTC

The books I've chosen to read (I've already purchased them and am 20% into the first one!) are Yolanda's The Seventh Sentinel, Jason's Chains of Prophecy, and Katie's The Shadow Miner. I'll post my reviews on both Goodreads and Amazon, although it will be under my real name, Christina Brown. (Maron Anrow is my pen name and this Goodreads account is new. My Goodreads account under my real name was created in 2007, so I prefer to continue storing my detailed reviews there for continuity's sake. I also have more friends associated with that account, so posting reviews of your books will be more beneficial there. :))

message 36: by Katie (new)

Katie Beitz (KatieBeitz) | 36 comments I have just done my first read and review of Totem - published on goodreads and Amazon.

I'll have a read through the rest and let you know which book I will do next!!

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer McDonald (JenMcDonald) | 162 comments Just finished Atancia (The Durand Duology, #1) by Wren Figueiro Reviews are up.

I'll start Shivers, 9 Dark & Twisted Tales by Heather R. Blair this week.

message 38: by Maron (new)

Maron Anrow (maronanrow) | 117 comments Here is my review of Katie's The Shadow Miner:
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R5H05N91...
(Amazon and Goodreads have different definitions for their star ratings)

I'm about to start my third review for this pay-it-forward challenge. It's been a great experience! However, no one has selected my book Laika in Lisan yet, as far as I could tell. It would be super awesome if someone could. :) (Don't worry, I won't start begging!) It's not an action book, so I don't recommend it if you're into battles, fight scenes, and a clear distinction between good and evil. However, if you're comfortable with moral ambiguity and you like the idea of traveling to a mysterious foreign country, then the book might appeal to you. It's also been professionally edited, so it is very much a finished-work.
Laika in Lisan by Maron Anrow

(Sorry for cross-posting this on the original Pay-it-forward thread! I'm not sure if everyone is aware there are two because some updates are only going on that one.)

message 39: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 591 comments I will read it, Maron. I just need to get through the other two on my list first ;)

message 40: by Maron (new)

Maron Anrow (maronanrow) | 117 comments Thanks! :)

message 41: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 519 comments left review for Restricted Renegade (Restricted #1) by David Torres and finishing A Bright Power Rising (The Golden Rule, #1) by Noel Coughlan

message 42: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 287 comments Amber wrote: "Jason wrote: "What Hides Within by Jason Parent

Horror/mystery/dark humor blend"

Amber just purchased from Barnes and Noble, will start reading soon."

Review posted on Goodreads and Booklikes.

message 43: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Fair warning, this thread is going to be locked soon. New threads have been created.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.