Old Souls Book Club discussion

Share your thoughts > What's one lesson you learned that you'd like to pass along?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
Following my bliss has been the best thing that I've done in my life - even if it meant some difficult transitions. Every single one of them has been worth it! I've found out first hand, that the universe does open doors where there were none before :)

message 2: by Raghavy (new)

Raghavy | 4 comments A profound lesson I am still in the process of learning is idea of ‘When u judge someone u do not define them .. U define yourself’. I’ve realised by increasing my awareness (just noticing) of why and how we judge others can lead to a greater understanding of ourselves (especially our own psyche). :)

message 3: by Saiisha (new)

Raghavy wrote: "A profound lesson I am still in the process of learning is idea of ‘When u judge someone u do not define them .. U define yourself’. I’ve realised by increasing my awareness (just noticing) of why ..."

That's indeed a profound lesson Raghavy! What we relate to, or disdain in others are both a reflection of ourselves - but it's often not easy to notice it!

message 4: by Dmorri (new)

Dmorri (voodoo71) | 17 comments Raghavy wrote: "A profound lesson I am still in the process of learning is idea of ‘When u judge someone u do not define them .. U define yourself’. I’ve realised by increasing my awareness (just noticing) of why ..."
I always say, everyone has a story. We all have had experiences that shape up into who we are. I try to look at people from an emotional point of view, rather than physical.

message 5: by Dmorri (new)

Dmorri (voodoo71) | 17 comments "no matter who tries to teach you lessons about life, you wont be able to understand it until you go through it on your own."

This is something I have experienced, and I am going thru the same with my son. I can guide him and give him advice, but ultimately he will learn thru his own experiences.

message 6: by Saiisha (new)

Debbie wrote: ""no matter who tries to teach you lessons about life, you wont be able to understand it until you go through it on your own."

This is something I have experienced, and I am going thru the same wit..."

I couldn't agree with you more Debbie!! I don't even try to tell my son what he should or shouldn't do - like you, I guide him, support him, be there for him, but let him learn from his own mistakes, and his own experiences.

message 7: by Saiisha (new)

Robert wrote: "Patience. Be still .Wait. Breathe.
The faster you move the more you will miss.
Secondly - No one is very important. No one. We are all part of a giant web of life. If you stop and see this the bea..."

That's a wonderful perspective Robert - you're right, when we think of the bigger perspective of creation and the universe, things like death, disease, beauty and joy, are equalizers of us all, not just of people, but animals, trees, the planet and the universe!