Lovers of Paranormal discussion

ARCHIVED R2R's > R2R: THE LAST DAYS OF MAGIC (Fantasy: Magic) - 5 *PAPERBACK* Copies Available for R2R

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Viking (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:03AM) (new)

Viking Books (vikingbooks) | 1 comments “Fantastic . . . an honest, beautifully detailed book and an entertaining read.”
—DIANA GABALDON, THE WASHINGTON POST

The Last Days of Magic by Mark Tompkins

What became of magic in the world? Who needed to do away with it, and for what reasons? Drawing on myth, legend, fairy tales, and Biblical mysteries, The Last Days of Magic brilliantly imagines answers to these questions, sweeping us back to a world where humans and magical beings co-exist as they had for centuries.

Aisling, a goddess in human form, was born to rule both domains and—with her twin, Anya—unite the Celts with the powerful faeries of the Middle Kingdom. But within medieval Ireland interests are divided, and far from its shores greater forces are mustering. Both England and Rome have a stake in driving magic from the Emerald Isle. Jordan, the Vatican commander tasked with vanquishing the remnants of otherworldly creatures from a disenchanted Europe, has built a career on such plots. But increasingly he finds himself torn between duty and his desire to understand the magic that has been forbidden.

The Last Days of Magic introduces us to unforgettable characters who grapple with quests for power, human frailty, and the longing for knowledge that has been made taboo. Mark Tompkins has crafted a remarkable tale—a feat of world-building that poses astonishing and resonant answers to epic questions.

We're giving away five special vellum-wrapped advance review copies:
1. Jenn
2. Nichole
3. David
4. Amber
5. Bridgette

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 407 comments I'd like to read and review please. my email is Jnnfrcuce43@gmail.com. Thank you:)

message 3: by Nichole (new)

Nichole I would love to review!

nickhazel38@yahoo.com

message 4: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
MOD Anna here ... just want to remind our wonderful LoP members that when you R2R, the authors really super duper rely upon you to get your reviews in on time so they can line up advertising and coordinate their launch campaigns, so don't snag the paperback unless you can commit to the deadline, please. Thanks!

message 5: by Nichole (new)

Nichole Anna wrote: "MOD Anna here ... just want to remind our wonderful LoP members that when you R2R, the authors really super duper rely upon you to get your reviews in on time so they can line up advertising and co..."

I will have it done on time. This has been on my list to read for months!!
Thank You!!

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Plum | 13 comments I would love to review it as well. aplumperfect@gmail.com

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber Plum | 13 comments I would love to review it as well. aplumperfect@gmail.com

message 8: by Bridgette (last edited Mar 02, 2016 08:08AM) (new)

Bridgette (bridgettem) If there are any spots left, I would love to review this. My email is Morton.bridgette@gmail.com. If I receive a copy, I will not have a problem submitting my reviews on time.

message 9: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 10 comments I'd love to read and review this!

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 10 comments ArmyWifeChapman@aol.com

message 11: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 10 comments ArmyWifeChapman@aol.com

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 407 comments I will have review in on time, possibly before desdline

message 13: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 407 comments deadline. :)

message 14: by booknerd_dork (new)

booknerd_dork | 3 comments I'd liked to read and review the book. My email is s211n3@gmail.com
Thanks!

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberaddictedtoparanormal) | 92 comments remember it also says she is giving out paperback too.

message 16: by Amanda (last edited Mar 02, 2016 12:26PM) (new)

Amanda Cohen | 10 comments I would love to review a Paperback copy of this book :) ! would that be possible? I post reviews on Goodreads and Amazon and can meet the deadline. My email is amandacohen1@sympatico.ca

message 17: by readwithtamara (new)

readwithtamara | 27 comments I would love to review this book.
My email is tamarabora@gmail.com

message 18: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charlotte-booklover-weaver) | 71 comments Hi there i would love to read your book. :)

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Macfie If you still have a copy, I'll read and review. My email is melissamac72@verizon.net

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 13 comments If you have copies left, I would love to read and review your book! :)

message 21: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Gough | 27 comments I'd love to read and review this if there's any copies available. Thanks. ravennoir@hotmail.com

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 13 comments By the way, my email is scmahala@live.com. Just in case. :)

message 23: by Jessica (last edited Mar 04, 2016 11:28PM) (new)

Jessica Jett | 3 comments Hi, I'd like to review a paperback if it's still available :) thank you!
Jessica.jett620@gmail.com

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Stuart | 6 comments Hi! If theres copies left id love to review! My email is cstuart_6880@yahoo.com let me know :)

message 25: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 407 comments I received my book in the mail today, Thanks. Going to start reading it tonight:)

message 26: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ziegler (waternellen) | 16 comments If you have anymore copies I would be happy to read and review! My email is ellenbancroftziegler@yahoo.com

message 27: by Nichole (new)

Nichole I received my book today. Thank You!!

message 28: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
Hi Viking! I see you reached your 5-paper copies you had advertised, so I'm relocating this down to the ARCHIVE folder so it doesn't confuse/irritate people if it's still not open.

Thanks for sharing your book with the LoP community!

message 29: by Nichole (new)

Nichole This is a great book! I hope there is more to come.
Here is my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 30: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 407 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Thank you so much for letting me read your book:)

message 31: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette (bridgettem) Here are links to my reviews. I really enjoyed reading this!

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/review/R3E3T9B...