Support for Indie Authors discussion

52 views
Fun > The "I DID IT" Dance Thread

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer YES! YES!!! Oh, Yes!

I finally finished the second revision of my crime mystery novel.

YES!!

The title is still a mystery to me, but oh, yes, I finished the second revision.

*I'm already thinking about the third revision*

Oh, yes! And I've also updated my book cover for my second published novel.

Yes!!!

Plus, I made an awesome carrot soup for dinner with coconut milk, ginger and cayenne. Oh, yes!!!


message 2: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Denise wrote: "YES! YES!!! Oh, Yes!

I finally finished the second revision of my crime mystery novel.

YES!!

The title is still a mystery to me, but oh, yes, I finished the second revision.

*I'm already thi..."


Denise, you are on a roll! Good for you! :) Dinner was just the icing on the carrot cake.


message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Thanks much, April. It feels good to finish something that's been hovering over me for many months. And I love carrot cake.


message 4: by Shari (new)

Shari Sakurai (shari_sakurai) | 64 comments Congratulations! :)


message 5: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Glad to hear it! Nothing like the the feeling of finishing a project.


message 6: by G.T. (new)

G.T. Trickle (goodreadscomgttrickle) | 31 comments Denise wrote: "YES! YES!!! Oh, Yes!

I finally finished the second revision of my crime mystery novel.


Thumbs up, high five and all that stuff. I know the feeling!!! My print proof should arrive any day now and if all looks good I'll be pushing the publish button on Amazon/Kindle/Nook and like you, I'll be saying "Yes! Yes! Yes!" And -- toasting with my team of beta readers.


message 7: by Charles (new)

Charles | 148 comments Woo Hoo! Dance the night away!


message 8: by Chikamso (new)

Chikamso Efobi (cheexy) | 92 comments Congrats Denise...


message 9: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Congrats!
I'm just not sure about the soup though. :P


Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 968 comments Denise,
Yippee! What a wonderful feeling!
Enjoy your soup. Is it Cajun?
Sue


message 11: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (psramsey) | 33 comments Outstanding! And, as I am currently trapped in revision Hell, I am extremely jealous!


message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Aw, you all are so nice. I hope you all will share your writing accomplishments here. It's such a wonderful feeling when a revision or a first draft is completed. I just have to share it with everyone, so I love hearing everyone else's accomplishments as well.

G.T. wrote: "Thumbs up, high five and all that stuff. I know the feeling!!! My print proof should arrive any day now and if all looks good I'll be pushing the publish button on Amazon/Kindle/Nook and like you, I'll be saying "Yes! Yes! Yes!" And -- toasting with my team of beta readers. "

Congratulations! I'm with you on waiting for the print proof copy. I hope your proof comes back beautifully and ready for publication. Get that champagne bottle ready.

G.G. wrote: "Congrats!
I'm just not sure about the soup though. :P"


LOL! It was yummy in my tummy, but my thighs are now as big as pies.

Sue wrote: "Denise,
Yippee! What a wonderful feeling!
Enjoy your soup. Is it Cajun?
Sue"


I'm not quite sure what it is. It was my own last minute concoction. My husband liked it, so I guess I'll have to remember it.

Peggy wrote: "Outstanding! And, as I am currently trapped in revision Hell, I am extremely jealous!"

Revisions are my least favorite of writing, so I feel for you. I really feel for you. As I did, you will be smiling when your characters seem to come alive more. I still have more revisions, but the first two are usually the big struggles. Much luck to you.


message 13: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (psramsey) | 33 comments The thing is - I usually LIKE to edit. But for some reason, I've over-thought things so much that I can't make what's on the page as good as what's in my head, and I can't remember what I've actually revised and what I'm planning to revise. This kind of stuff usually isn't a problem for me, but right now I'm at the "rocks fall, everybody dies" stage.


message 14: by Owen (new)

Owen O'Neill (owen_r_oneill) | 1509 comments Congratulations Denise! That always a great and well worth celebrating!

PS: Celebratory calories do not count. I'm sure i read that on the Internet, so it must be true! ; -)


message 15: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Peggy wrote: "The thing is - I usually LIKE to edit. But for some reason, I've over-thought things so much that I can't make what's on the page as good as what's in my head, and I can't remember what I've actual..."

Then I can understand your frustration. You enjoy editing, but you somehow got twisted. Maybe a week or two away from it will help.

Owen wrote: "Congratulations Denise! That always a great and well worth celebrating!

PS: Celebratory calories do not count. I'm sure i read that on the Internet, so it must be true! ; -)"


I believe you're right! I knew I liked you, Owen. :D


back to top