Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

Book Club Selection > Spolier Discussion - For All Our Sins (DCI Claire Winters #1) by T.M.E. Walsh (Value Book Read Mar 2016)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 3992 comments Mod
******* THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

This is a spoiler thread for the March Value Book Read, For All Our Sins (DCI Claire Winters #1) by T.M.E. Walsh
Post in here if you wish to comment on the book and discuss details that may spoil or give away important or pertinent details for those who haven't read or finished the book yet.

message 2: by David (new)

David Gooch | 3992 comments Mod
Reached the first point that had me doubtful or worried shall we say.
Alice is not described as some great fitness freak or skillful at self defence etc. yet she has first killed a guys dog then him after. The guy scared off a neighbour, granted with his dog as well but reading the book and how it's described he wasn't worried about fighting him himself. So really how did she overpower him to kill him. If she had killed his dog he would surely have been ready for her or gunning for her first. I do accept though she could have got lucky but nothing like that is described in the book. In fact you don't really know how it went down other than she went for the dog first.
Poetic license maybe?

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 564 comments Mod
Now @ 45% none of the police officers seems admirable or likeable but morally & spiritually they may good examples of what not to do. As for the villain . . .

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 564 comments Mod
Finished & shall post spoiler-free review shortly. As Amelia is a most attractive villain & all her victims definitely 'need killing' I most enjoyed most of this story even tho' 'the Guardian' was easily identified & the thriller finale tedious & predictable. You could DNF with a clean conscience & enjoy Erin Kelly or Angela Marsons instead.