Children's Books discussion

Book Talk > Books about Easter in all its forms

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 775 comments Mod
Depending on your beliefs, you may celebrate the holiday as Easter, or as Ostara, or as the Spring Equinox. You may even have another name for it entirely.

Whatever the case, can you recommend a book about the holiday?

message 2: by Victoria (new)

A good book for those who celebrate as Ostara is Meagan's Ostara.

For those who celebrate as Easter, and want something a little different, The Emo Bunny That Should is an entertaining read.

Also, this year I'm releasing an Easter themed story of my own, which will become available on the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. The book in question is Rhubarb The Red-Nosed Rabbit, if you're interested in checking it out.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

I know Easter was a few months ago, but I read a book called Grandma and the Easter Storm yesterday, and thought it was a good one, so I wanted to give it a mention on here.

message 4: by Beverly (new)

Beverly (bjbixlerhotmailcom) Although Easter was last month, I just came across this book:
He Is Risen: Rocks Tell the Story of Easter by Patti Rokus
He Is Risen Rocks Tell the Story of Easter by Patti Rokus
The simple text is backed up with scripture on the same page. The figures formed from different shapes of rocks are depicted against an all-black background, making the figures pop off the pages. The result is beautiful and eye-catching.