The Challenge Factory discussion

2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Trea & Donna - Something in the Heir

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5376 comments Mod
Trea & Donna - Something in the Heir

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
Just checking in! Nearer to the end of the month, right?

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Gonna try to start this later this evening.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 712 comments Getting ready to start this book.

message 5: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

I got the first chapter read last night before passing out into sleep. Emma did not impress me much, especially with her end scene in the chapter. She came across as as kinda a bitch, really. The prince seemed interesting though!

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 712 comments I agree. I would have thought it would have been the opposite way around but the prince was less uptight than Emma.

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 712 comments Chapter 2 is a bit amusing. I have to agree with Darcy. Running away is a bit childish but the book would probably be less interesting if he didn't. The prince does seem a tiny bit clueless. He doesn't really have a plan. This could get interesting.

message 8: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Mar 15, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Donna wrote: "Chapter 2 is a bit amusing. I have to agree with Darcy. Running away is a bit childish but the book would probably be less interesting if he didn't. The prince does seem a tiny bit clueless. He doe..."

I'm liking Darcy here!

Not cool that the chapters are so short...but I do like how Adrien handled Emma in Chapter 3, and I can see her appeal starting to grow a bit.

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 712 comments I really like that Emma is a smart-ass. Maybe because I am a bit of one myself. Just can't help myself some times.

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Donna wrote: "I really like that Emma is a smart-ass. Maybe because I am a bit of one myself. Just can't help myself some times."

It's getting on my nerves a bit, but the book is entertaining!

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 712 comments Trea wrote: "Donna wrote: "I really like that Emma is a smart-ass. Maybe because I am a bit of one myself. Just can't help myself some times."

It's getting on my nerves a bit, but the book is entertaining!"

That could be because she is using it a bit much. There has to be a balance.

message 12: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Donna wrote: "Trea wrote: "Donna wrote: "I really like that Emma is a smart-ass. Maybe because I am a bit of one myself. Just can't help myself some times."

It's getting on my nerves a bit, but the book is entertaining!"

That could be because she is using it a bit much. There has to be a balance."

Very true! I'm off for the night so hopefully I'll get more read tomorrow!

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 712 comments I finished this last night. I enjoyed this book. I really liked Darcy but all the characters were interesting. The prince & queen were not at all like I expected. Or Serena, for that matter.

message 14: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

I haven't been able to get much reading done lately, so I'm a bit behind. Hopefully, I can carve out some time today to read.

message 15: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

I finished it last night. To me, it wasn't a great read, and I don't think I'll continue the series. Emma's smart-butt attitude made her come across as immature and her refusal to accept a compliment or acknowledge that all guys aren't jerks made her too annoying to be a true heroine. Added to the fact that I didn't much care for her friend's attitude either, means that I really am not interested in the next book!

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 712 comments LOL It is one of those books where you either love or hate the character. It was different than what I have been reading lately so I did enjoy it. Would I read the next book? Maybe. I have a lot of other series I would read first. I like romance but paranormal books seem to have taken over lately for me.

message 17: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Romantic suspense is doing the same thing for me!