The Challenge Factory discussion

Fully Ignited (Boston Fire, #3)
This topic is about Fully Ignited
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Trea & Jodi - Boston Fire Series

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Mar 28, 2016 01:44PM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5837 comments Mod
Trea & Jodi - Boston Fire Series

1. Heat Exchange
2. Controlled Burn
3. Fully Ignited

Heat Exchange (Boston Fire, #1) by Shannon Stacey Controlled Burn (Boston Fire, #2) by Shannon Stacey Fully Ignited (Boston Fire, #3) by Shannon Stacey

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Just checking in to see when you'd want to read this...I've got two that started today, then another one in the middle of the month, but other than that, I'm pretty open.

message 3: by Jodi (last edited Mar 02, 2016 06:46PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Hi Trea, I just started the book today. I am not in a hurry to finish it, so if you are not ready yet, I will wait. I love the front cover! Hot! Hot! Hot!

message 4: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "Hi Trea, I just started the book today. I am not in a hurry to finish it, so if you are not ready yet, I will wait. I love the front cover! Hot! Hot! Hot!"

I finished my two I was in the middle of yesterday/last night and started on this one. I'm not too far into it, only 11%, but I already hate Ashley and how easily manipulated Lydia was. What sister calls another one home just so she can avoid seeing people that want to give her advice about her marriage? Plus, Ashley seems very passive aggressive in her role in her marriage failing. What did she expect, wine and roses every day when she's married to a firefighter? Yeah, not going to happen there.

message 5: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

I wound up having a lot of downtime last night and finished this one. I wasn't that impressed with it, probably will give it 2 stars. I had a major problem with (view spoiler).

I didn't much care for the author's Kowalski's series, so I think it's a case of me and the author not meshing well here.

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Wow Trea! I have not been able to get into this book. I find the story very choppy and I'm only in chapter 3. I've had a lot going on the last few days, I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow.

message 7: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "Wow Trea! I have not been able to get into this book. I find the story very choppy and I'm only in chapter 3. I've had a lot going on the last few days, I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow."

The Kowalski's were kinda bad too, and this one wasn't that great for me. I think it is a case of my not enjoying the author much.

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments I finished the book today. I felt the story got better as it went along because the beginning was hard for me to start. I have to agree with you on Lydia's flip flop, she fell for that proposal pretty quick (maybe I'm a cynic) I also fell there was not much character development. I really didn't care much about how things turned out. I just wanted to finish the book.

message 9: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

*nods* Yeah, got to the point where I just wanted to finish it too...

Will you continue the series?

message 10: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Probably will, at some point. Just because I hate to leave a series unfinished. Lol. Since you do not care for the author, will you? There have only been a few books/authors that I complete detest so much that I will not read what they write or finish the book.

message 11: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

I read the excerpt for the next book in Heat Exchange and was interested enough, though I doubt I will purchase them. Probably will see if I can get it from the library. Want to buddy read the series?

message 12: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Sure! I usually get all my books from the library because that is where I work. :) Do you want to wait until next month to start the new book? If not, I will have to wait until next week to read the second book. I have a few others books waiting. lol

message 13: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Mar 11, 2016 08:00AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'm on the waiting list at my library for the next book, so waiting until next month might be better for me. I'll add it to my reading list for next month though!

And I am totally jealous! I've wanted to work at my local library for years, but never get hired on!

message 14: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

LOL, Jodi, I just saw your Dusty Bookshelf for April! If my library copy of Controlled Burn comes in, I'll read it with you, even if it doesn't get picked for you for DB. If you want, I also have Start Me Up (Hearts and Crafts, #1) by Nicole Michaels on my TBR and would join you in reading it for a Buddy Read.

message 15: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Lol! I needed another title really quick, so I put that one in there. I hope your copy comes in. My copy came in today

message 16: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Since you are from OH, me too, what library system do you use?

message 17: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "Since you are from OH, me too, what library system do you use?"

Greene County Public Library system, and Overdrive when I can for a book.

message 18: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

So, Controlled Burn (Boston Fire, #2) by Shannon Stacey didn't get picked for you for Dusty Bookshelf, but would you still like to read it next month? The library copy I requested is on the way, so I can read it with you if you'd like.

Also, I saw that you got Start Me Up picked for you. I also need to read that for one of my challenges, would you like to read it together?

message 19: by Jodi (last edited Mar 21, 2016 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Sure, I'm up to reading both books. My nightstand is getting quite full. :). I always try to read as many of the 10 I listed on my dusty book challenge. Then I have all my other challenges; good thing I took a couple days off.

message 20: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "Sure, I'm up to reading both books. My nightstand is getting quite full. :). I always try to read as many of the 10 I listed on my dusty book challenge. Then I have all my other challenges; good th..."

*laughs* Ok, sounds like a plan! I'll just ask to have this thread left open for Controlled Burn, and I'll ask for one set up for Start Me Up.

message 21: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

I just got my library copy today, so I'm ready to start this when you are. Also, our Start Me Up thread has been posted!

message 22: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments I just finished a book for a challenge, so I can start it now. Do you have time to read it soon?

message 23: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "I just finished a book for a challenge, so I can start it now. Do you have time to read it soon?"

I'm currently in the middle of a book, but should be able to start it on Friday, if that's ok with you?

message 24: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Sounds good! I am off work the next 2 days, I plan to get some reading done. :)

message 25: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cool, I'll get the other book done ASAP!

message 26: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments This book started a little better. :)

message 27: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "This book started a little better. :)"

Yeah, it did! I got to page 90 last night, but am about to go pick it back up. I'm enjoying this one a bit more too!

message 28: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Apr 01, 2016 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

I finished this one a couple of hours ago. I liked it a bit better than the first one, but it got a bit squirrelly toward the end, especially when Jessica kept acting like (view spoiler). He hadn't acted like that at all, and it was rude of her to keep thinking so! This one gets 4 stars from me overall! I've requested the third book from my library, but they have 3 copies on order and it usually takes a month or two for them to come in. I checked on inter-library loaning it, but none of the libraries in partnership with Greene County Public Library have it, so I may be in for a wait.

message 29: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Just finished, between my spring cleaning. I liked it better than the first book. I thought this book had more emotional depth with the characters. The end did irritate me a bit; let's have a disagreement, she decides to go home, then he runs to the airport and it is all better (in 10 pages). Talk about a fast ending.

message 30: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments I reserved Fully Ignited (Boston Fire, #3) by Shannon Stacey but I'm #19 on the list. I will have to see how many copies are on order when I go back to work, on Monday. So I have a bit of a wait also.

message 31: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Looks like Greene County Public Library got this processed faster than normal...the copy I reserved is on its way to my local branch! I'll be good for finishing this series in May, if you're able to join in with me.

message 32: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments I will check on my copy tomorrow. I was further down the list, it might be middle May before I get a copy.

message 33: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "I will check on my copy tomorrow. I was further down the list, it might be middle May before I get a copy."

I haven't gotten notified that my copy is in yet, but I'll plan to wait to get my copy until the end of the hold period, so that I might not have it due back until mid-May.

message 34: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments My copy of Fully Ignited is on the way. I will be able to read it anytime after Tuesday.

message 35: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "My copy of Fully Ignited is on the way. I will be able to read it anytime after Tuesday."

Wednesday works for me...my copy is already checked out and due back on the 14th!

message 36: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Sounds good. as long as you have nothing else come uo, we can read Draw me close right after.

message 37: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'm basically planning on doing both of these back to back and scheduling my other BRs accordingly!

message 38: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Would you mind reading Draw me close first? My copy of Fully Ignited has not arrived yet. It has been in transit for 5 days. I should get it any day, it doesn't nirmally take this long.

message 39: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "Would you mind reading Draw me close first? My copy of Fully Ignited has not arrived yet. It has been in transit for 5 days. I should get it any day, it doesn't nirmally take this long."

Not a problem! I hadn't started anything last night, as I wanted to hear from you first, but I wound up going to bed early with a migraine and forgot to mention it. I'll start Draw Me Close today!

message 40: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Hi Trea, Fully Ignited finally came in!! Let me know when you can start. I am in the midfle of a book but other than that I have nothing else until next week.

message 41: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "Hi Trea, Fully Ignited finally came in!! Let me know when you can start. I am in the midfle of a book but other than that I have nothing else until next week."

I just finished my BR that started on the 8th, so I can start this one today. Need to get it done quick, cause I have another BR on the 16th that will take me a while to get through.

message 42: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments I started FI today. I have been helping my sister study for her OAE exam so I didn't get much reading done the last 2 days. But I hope to het a lot of it FI read tonight. ;)

message 43: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

I started it today as well...but I'm not that impressed with it so far.

message 44: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'm 136 pages in, and I hate this book! Jamie seems too worried about appearances, and it makes her hard to connect to. I don't know about/understand the Scott wanting a family thing short of the "Everyone I know is doing it, so I have to as well" reason. The story just isn't gelling for me.

message 45: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

I finished it late last night, and it didn't work for me at all. I'm waffling between a 1 and 2 star rating on it right now, but will probably go with the one. It's more of a 1.5 star read really, but it just never got any better for me.

This is the second time this author's third book made me hate it, so I think I'll avoid her in the future.

Thanks for buddy reading this with me, Jodi! I probably would have never finished it if you weren't reading it with me!

message 46: by Jodi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Just finished FI. Things have been so crazy around here this week! I thought this was just ok, I didn't feel it was very romantic. I'm giving it a 2.

message 47: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jodi wrote: "Just finished FI. Things have been so crazy around here this week! I thought this was just ok, I didn't feel it was very romantic. I'm giving it a 2."

I agree! It wasn't that romantic at all! I gave it a 2 as well.