The Experiment discussion

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 4213 comments Mod
Okay, I thought I'd start this off with the plot discussion. We've gotta figure out what we want to do here :)

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments I love how I just posted to suggest that we talk about the plot before starting and then clicked this to see you'd already done it. That is hilariously awesome!

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments TBh I'm just stoked to get to collab write about my favorites again

I really love this roleplay. It gets my creative juices going! hehe!

Which characters will we keep? Anyone in addition to Vi, Shawn, Blade, Thorn and whoever the heck James was?

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments We don't have to keep James in if you don't remember him super well (or at all)

I don't remember really anything at all, so either way will work for me! I have such a weak memory.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Hmmm. How bout we just start i on the adventures of Shawn and Vi and company as they meander through the world trying to figure out how to let him control his power and even revert?

You can take point if you want to ^^

hah okay. Should I start it kinda like how you'd maybe start a second book in the series? Since I legit don't remember anyone besides vi shawn, blade and thorn

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments I literally don't remember anyone else either, coincidentally.

maybe.. we sorta start a new story. Since we don't remember it. Like, we keep those characters, and whatever parts of the setting we remember but start a new plot. Add some new characters. That way we aren't limited by trying to remember what we've already done.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments I like this plan. This is a good plan. Should we have them already know each other or start completely blank slate?

Vi could be trying to kill Shawn because he's the Halfing and that's how they meet? Hm, but that would kill her bromance with Blade. (This derived from my skimming like the last 5 pages of the rp last night)

message 12: by Amburger (new)

Amburger | 725 comments I just realized that I was never a part of that specific rp. I was in another in the group. Haha oops.

I haven't reread anything yet. Did I give any explanation for why Shawn is a halfling? I think it would be interesting to run with the idea of them on opposite sides for a while. Would she been thinking she'd kill him because he now poses a danger with no control of his changing body? (wow. Out of context that was just...haha)

Yeah this was a role-play from another group, but you could join in!

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Hahahahaha, that was actually kind of amazing out of context. Um, Shawn is a Halfling because his father made this super dangerous contract with the dragons that ultimately cost him his life. And yeah, Violet is concerned because of the raw, unstable power he now has.

Please feel free to join in to that fam, Am.

I wrote a five page short story for my writing class that told the story of Shawn's dad. I liked how it turned out.

Yeah, we can give you a run down of what we have already role-played. Well, I mean, sorta. My memory is super hazy, but I can at least tell you about my characters and Vanilla can tell you about hers. And she has a better memory than I do.

I compensated for my lack of memory by giving Shawn slight amnesia. hahaha.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments That's literally awesome.

I would be more than happy to write like a thesis on why Violet, Shawn, and Blade are basically the best, ever. And it's more that a few months ago I was procrastinating an essay and reread the entirety of 2ary for kicks. It took me like 7 hours.

That was actually kind of a brilliant strategy, to be honest.

That is pure dedication. I weirdly remember more of the beginning of the role-play were we still had the Maddie's and a billion characters and that scene where this one bad lady showed up, that I weirdly picture in emerald green. And I remember when we kidnapped Blade. Aaaand I sorta remember Thorn, but not enough to tell you about him. And then the new stuff slips my mind.

haha Thanks! I figured it would work for the first post and buy me some time to reread the old stuff. And it also helped me to add Vi to the flashback without actually taking over your character.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Thank you, thank you. It was a long night. A long.... very confusing night.

Yeah, I remember having two characters, Thorn (another shadow, Vi's borther) and James (vampire, Vi's basically brother). Back in the day they all used to work together on missions and stuff. But because Vi and Thorn are shadows, they were both tied to humans (I forget the term, I think we honestly used the word "master" because shadows are functionally born slaves), and then Thorn killed Violet's (under orders) and Violet killed Thorn's (not under orders) so they are both technically free, but Violet is an enemy of the state and Thorn is working with the state of the Shadow Realm. Fortunately Thorn doesn't actually want to kill Violet, and actually killed Eliza (Violet's master) to free her so she could operate independently..... I think. James has been kind of free from the situation because he wasn't a slave (because he's, you know, a vampire), but kind of pops in and out of the situation intermittently because he and Violet are cool.

Excellent. I'll make my responses longer then, if you want more time.

Oh yeah Jaaaaames!!

Oh yeah! That was a way legit backstory! Do you remember what our goal was? I remember a council of some sort....

yeah either way. I'm working with two characters right now, so I'm flexible on the scenes.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Ayyyyyyy! I'm debating whether I want James or Thorn to stumble upon Shawn right now on their way back to the group and I'm SOOOOOOOO opting for Thorn. I'm going with it.

To defeat the Council (which is the oppressive governing power of the Shadow Realm, that is gradually seeking to overtake the rest of the world). Of course, Violet at some point made a blood contract (the whole unbreakable oath thing) that she would kill a Halfling should one ever appear, though I've not hashed out that full backstory.

Sweet.

oo that's a good idea!!

Man this is getting political and amazing!

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Blessed, I'll write that now. I'm SO SORRY that took so much longer than I'd thought it would.

Right?! I love getting that sort of thing involved.

You're fine! I was busy too. I will have to go for about another 15 minutes in just a second here - I'm simultaneously getting ready for the day- but I'll be right back after!

You're memory is gold! I'd forgotten all this stuff.
So maybe we should figure out what the connection is between the dragons and the Shadows. Since it was the dragon's political decision to form a halfling, which is pretty unprecedented, but Violet had been told one existed in the world and she now has to kill it.

Who was Violet's master? Maybe she could have a connection to all this

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments No problem at all. It's like 1:20pm here because I'm in Florida at the moment, but I'm honestly doing nothing right now (and loving it).

Awww, thanks! If only I retained real-life information this well.
Yes. That would be important and very good to know.

Her name was Eliza, and I really have no info on her other than she was Violet's age and Violet basically treated her like a daughter because to my knowledge she seemed super useless.

Ooo that's fun, why are you in Florida?

My first idea would possibly be a connection between Eliza and Shawn's home people, which lived closely with the dragons. But then I just read your comment in the role-play about the guy who put the blood pack on Violet.

Okay, i just had a freaky idea- we can take it or leave it, I'm not emotionally attached to it, but what if the guy who swore violet to the oath was like Shawn's dad. He could have been feeling crazy guilty about the monster he made or something like that.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Visiting some family, catching some rays (except today because I wasted today watching Netflix and not writing this essay that's due soon).

I legitimately LOVE that idea. We will make it work, somehow. It shall be done.

oo that sounds fun. ahah I've pretty much wasted today too. But my roommates car broke down so I did drive her around a bit.

Okay, great! It can get all tricky as Shawn makes his own moral decisions but then there are other people trying to make those decisions for him and who really even knows if he's still being influenced by the dragons.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Oooh, well if all else fails at least you can put "Chaffeur Skills" on your resume now.

I say we take it and run. I think I'm going to really look forward reevaluating who my characters are psychologically. It's something I didn't do as much in 2ary, and something I oonly started in FF.

I think it would be fun! Now how the guy is alive.. uh no idea. hahah

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments We'll totally roll with it, soapopera style. Because... magic.

Magic!! haha, he faked his death. Ran away, driven by guilt. Everyone assumed he died in the fire. After the village burned.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Totally! We'll embellish, add some drama, add some tearjerking moments, bada-bing, bada-boom. Anti-hero.

kinda like Vadar... but not quite

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Hahaha, sure, sure.

Hopefully with more limbs.

That's the plan. Oh, so do we want to make a character topic here?

Okay, I'll find where I posted my character info in the other group and copy it over here and update it.

I'm so lazy.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Same girl, same. I could not have done less today if I'd been in a coma.

You described my days off so perfectly. Then on the days when I have work I'm too lazy to want to go to work but too bored to want to stay home.

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Exactly! I usually just binge read books from this (questionably legal website) so I don't have to pay for them myself. I've been trying to read all the best YA novels of the last six months this week to stay with it. Next week.... Shakespeare.

oo have you read anything recently that you'd recommend??

Vanillaice *there aren't any good new songs, so... | 1418 comments Ummmmmm have you read the Wrath and the Dawn yet? It's a really interestingly done one- or at least I thought it was the best out there recently.

I haven't! What's it about?