Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ ARCHIVES > "Read Across The World Day" March 2, 2016

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Feb 29, 2016 10:18AM) (new)

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
March 2nd is “Read Across America Day” Since our members are from all over the world, we're calling it “Read Across the World Day”!! We did this last year, but I thought it would be fun again. You can share with us anytime this month. Let us know what you are reading, where you are from (city, state, province or country) do you read an e-book or prefer an actual book and where do you like to read (in bed, on the coach, a favorite chair, at the park, etc.) What are your favorite genres and any other fun reading facts about you?? This will be a fun way to get to know our members.

message 2: by Chris (last edited Feb 29, 2016 10:19AM) (new)

I'm going to start off!! I'm currently finishing up #Hater (Hashtag, #2) by Cambria Hebert and tomorrow will be starting our buddy read Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma .

I live in California in a suburb just south of San Francisco on the coast.

I seriously read whenever I can, but my favorite time is in the morning. I'll wake up a little early to have some reading time before work. My husband and I both watch all sports, so every night we usually have some game on the TV. I read and watch the game. If it's a great game it can take my attention from the book, but if it's a great book it takes me from the game. I read from my Kindle Fire most and I bring it everywhere I go, because if I'm in line too long at the grocery store or anywhere I will pull it out and read. :) I always read until I fall asleep at night and if I wake during the night, I put my Kindle on black screen white writing so it's not bright and read until I fall back asleep.

My favorite genres are YA Contemporary Romance (love coming of age stories), M/M Romance and NA Romance.

My worse habit is if I'm out to dinner and I'm reading a good book before we go, I'll sneak and bring it up on my kindle App on my phone and try to read a little. My husband always catches me and says are you seriously reading? Oops....hahahaha

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) (anovelglimpse) | 6020 comments Mod
I know the day has past, but I thought I'd add anyway!

I'm currently reading Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard .

I live in Washington state, in between Seattle and Tacoma.

I read mostly at night, but I've been known to sneak some reading in during the days as well. I mostly read on my Kindle Paperwhite. It's lugged around to soccer practices, swim lessons, etc.

My favorite genre is romance. I probably read most NA ones, but I love both YA and adult ones as well.

My fun reading fact is that last week my husband guessed that I read 175 books last year. He said if I read more than that, I had a problem. I guess I have a problem. Haha!

message 4: by Karen (last edited Mar 09, 2016 04:35PM) (new)

Karen (readingaway84) | 2519 comments Mod
I don't know how I missed this!

I'm currently reading Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

I live in Southern Ohio (Small Town, USA) approximately 120 miles east of Cincinnati and 120 miles south of Columbus and in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Lots of Coal Mining towns around here.

I basically set my alarm in the morning for 45 minutes earlier than I have to, so I can wake up browse facebook/instagram and then read. I typically read on my Kindle Fire, but I have a basic Kindle that I use in the summer months to read outdoors and I also read on my phone (in stores, at practices, while I'm supposed to be working, etc.). I'm a huge library fan so I "checkout" a lot of ebooks from my local library online. I also check out physical copies of books (I mainly use those in the summer when we go camping).

My favorite genre is romance (all of them) and probably most specifically new adult, but I love them all (Young Adult, Adult, New Adult, Historical, Paranormal, etc).

My fun reading fact is that I teach reading intervention (for struggling readers) so when my kids are assigned a novel to read for the regular reading class, I read it or reread it as typically is the case and then help them with their assignments. I love it when teachers assign new-to-me novels. This year we read Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech and Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix , but the classics are good too! I read The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry and The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton every year and it's part of my job!

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Hi Everyone!
I am currently reading More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera . I am in the middle of midterms and have not been able to read as much as I'm use to :(
I am from Western Massachusetts. It's about two hours away from Boston and New York City. I love it, I get the best of both worlds.
My favorite genre is romance, NA and YA. Paranormal isn't a favorite of mine.
My fun reading fact is I'm a skimmer, now I don't do this a lot, but if something is extremely boring or it's focusing on a character I don't really care about, I skim. I read mostly at night and on my break from work.
I read on my iPad mini. I love it because it goes everywhere with me. My husband and daughter are always complaining about my always needing it and having it, and being lost in it. My daughter jokes that her whole life I've had rules about being engaged and communicating and now that shes grown up I ignore and am always reading. I told her she's crazy, she just wants to talk ALL the time.

message 6: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments I'm currently reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald . I just ended my exams. Feeling great I can read again! I'm from Singapore. Singapore is a small country where everything is convenient but a little expensive to stay in.
My favourite genre is romance, NA and YA. :)
I love love using e-reader to read. Ever since I got one, I have been reading more books than ever.
My usual reading place is in bed, before I go to bed.
My fun reading fact is I get emotionally easily when the character is hurt but I don't dare to show to anyone. Hehe.
Glad that I came to know about goodreads and know people who able to share my thoughts and vent my book anger.

message 7: by Chris (new)

I love reading everyones fun fact!!

Karen, so cool that you read the books your reading intervetion students are assigned. Since my son stuggles with reading I read all of his assigned books to help him and I've gotten to read some amazing books because of it.

Deanna, laughing about your husband saying you have a problem. I think we all share in your problem! :D

Erika, I think while you skim a book that is boring I put it down and read another book, but I will eventually come back a little at a time and finish it. That's why I'm always reading more than one book at a time. I have very little patience for a slow or boring book.

DJacelyn, so sweet that you get emotional when a character gets hurt. I think I'm the biggest book cry baby. I'm overly sensitive.