The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Book Discussion > mortal instruments question

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments so I usually reread books when a new one is coming out but I'm not sure I want to with the mortal.instruments. I liked the series but I don't know if I want to reread all 5 books. what would y'all do?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments I definitely don't like the series enough to reread all of it. If you only want to reread it so you can remember what happened in the last book, then read this and you won't have to reread the whole series: http://recaptains.blogspot.co.uk/2013...

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments thank u soooo much! I liked the series but def not enough to read the whole series over again lol

message 4: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments It's a little too long for me to re-read either, plus I didn't really enjoy book 5, like at all. And book 4 was just okay for me. I liked the first three the best and wish she would've just stopped there. I'm struggling with whether to read book 6 but I guess I've gone this far so I have to finish it off!

message 5: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Jessica wrote: "I definitely don't like the series enough to reread all of it. If you only want to reread it so you can remember what happened in the last book, then read this and you won't have to reread the who..."

That's really helpful!

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments yea same here, I like the infernal devices better, a lot better. and I am mostly reading this last one to of course find out what's gonna happen and also to see how she is gonna write Tessa and jem in the story

message 7: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Yes! Agree completely, TID is a way better overall series.

message 8: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments thanks for this recap I read it and I feel up Tp date, I almost decided to reread this series, lol but glad I decided not to. thanks again!

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments No problem! I generally don't like to reread a series unless I loved it (there's too many awesome books out there that I haven't read yet to bother rereading okay books!), so I use that site a lot!

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments started reading cohf and almost wish that I had reread the other books. just to really get back.I'm the feel for these characters. but I'm liking it a lot so far.

message 11: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (abbeygrace) | 13 comments Alison wrote: "yea same here, I like the infernal devices better, a lot better. and I am mostly reading this last one to of course find out what's gonna happen and also to see how she is gonna write Tessa and jem..."

Yay! I'm not the only one who like TID better . I may be a little biased because I read those first. I like Tessa and Will better. Jace has too many problems with getting in trouble.

message 12: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments I agree with you too, Abigail, TID is a much better overall series. I think you'll find a lot of people agree with you :)

message 13: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments yup. I am debating about reading her new series coming out next year, the dark artifacts I think. only reason i may read it is because jem and Tessa may b in it!!! plus I'm somewhat digging the main characters

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I do that to(retread other books)! But I actually ended up rereading tmi and tid because I love the series

message 15: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 3 comments Will and Jem are far better than Jace and Alec!!!!!
They are just better.