Our Shared Shelf discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Need help, any good British narrators and audiobooks to mimic?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shallotte (new)

Shallotte | 1 comments I want to improving my English (not my native language) accent and pronunciation by read out loud after an audiobook, I aim to develop British accent (South of England accent).

Any recommendations (I prefer female narrators) ?

María Ignacia Soto | 6 comments English doesn't my native lenguage too. I'm taking classes with some of my friend and we read a short book with narrator in a class.
All books are brand dominoes

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 5 comments You might consider Harry Potter. Here is an example. https://mobile.audible.com/pd/Kids/Ha... Pride and Prejudice usually has British audio.

message 4: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (linds0917) Neil Gaiman's audiobooks are amazing!

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna Genzlinger | 6 comments Jim Dale reads all the Harry Potter books. He is brilliant. The best narration I've ever heard. It's like a new art form!

message 6: by Quoleena (new)

Quoleena Sbrocca (qjsbrocca) Donna wrote: "Jim Dale reads all the Harry Potter books. He is brilliant. The best narration I've ever heard. It's like a new art form!"

As soon as I saw the title of the post, I was going to recommend Jim Dale, the narrator for the Harry Potter books too.

As for a female narrator, I heard the narrator for Bridget Jones' Diary was great.

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zoezoe) I really liked listening to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It has several readers all with British accents. :) Also, Katherine Kellgren is a wonderful narrator so anything read by her is great!

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Post (kristenpost) | 15 comments Karen Savage has done several Librivox recordings, including some Austens. She does a great job! The Harry Potter narrator is the best, though, and I agree with Quoleena that the narrator of Bridget Jones did a great job.

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina Wilke | 1 comments Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.