Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Jennifer Estep
This topic is about Jennifer Estep
Archives (maybe Revisit) > Series Read: Elemental Assassin Series by Jennifer Estep

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 9996 comments

The Elemental Assassin is a series of books by Jennifer Estep and tell us the story of Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone.

When she’s not busy killing people and righting wrongs, Gin runs a barbecue restaurant called the Pork Pit in the fictional Southern metropolis of Ashland. The city is also home to giants, dwarves, vampires, and elementals – Air, Fire, Ice, and Stone.

The series also includes novellas and short stories

If you're interested in reading the series, just pop in and tell us your thoughts about the book you are currently reading.

Since they are 10 books published so far and two more coming this year, this is a series read without schedule, meaning, you don't have to worry about which book you are reading at the moment. Some of us are just starting. Some of us are in books #3 or #7. Some of us are re-reading the series.

Just join the fun!

Rules & How to
1. Identify the book you are commenting
2. Comments ALWAYS under spoiler tags

Goodreads page
Author's site

Books in the Series

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5) by Jennifer Estep By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6) by Jennifer Estep Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7) by Jennifer Estep Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8) by Jennifer Estep Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9) by Jennifer Estep The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10) by Jennifer Estep Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11) by Jennifer Estep Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12) by Jennifer Estep

message 2: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 9996 comments .

message 3: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 9996 comments .

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30638 comments Mod
READING STARTS IN MAY

message 5: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 23 comments Fun, I'm planning on starting Venom (# 3) some time in May.

message 6: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Love Gin!! I'm up to #10 - not sure I'll get to it in May but will comment when I do get to it.

message 7: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments I am in on this one, I have been meaning to start on this series so this seems like the perfect time.

message 8: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Yeah! Excited!

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Love this series - By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6) by Jennifer Estep is up next for me.

message 10: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 9996 comments I'll be reading Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep this month.

Gin rocks!! (no pun intended)

message 11: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere In 3 days, I will listen to Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12) by Jennifer Estep

message 12: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Oh I'm going to read The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10) by Jennifer Estep sometime in Dec - is anyone up to #10? Or might be in mid to late Dec?

message 13: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Nov 25, 2014 10:04PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere I started Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12) by Jennifer Estep ....for once Gin is being the stalker, following Madeline everywhere. I'm dying to know the relationship between Mab and Madeline

message 14: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I've started Black Widow and am sooooo excited! I've missed Gin!!

Dying to know what the heck MM is up to... Glad Gin is doing her recon to try to be a step ahead.

@Ezi - I'm curious to know what the relationship was between MM & Mab too.. So far it doesn't sound like it was good..

message 15: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I've started Black Widow and am sooooo excited! I've missed Gin!!

Dying to know what the heck MM is up to... Glad Gin is doing her recon to try to be a step ahead.

@Ezi - I'm ..."

Thats just Gin speculating. No one knows because no one even knew about her. Though, Mab just couldn't be a good mother as she was so grateful

message 16: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I've started Black Widow and am sooooo excited! I've missed Gin!!

Dying to know what the heck MM is up to... Glad Gin is doing her r..."

I was just going off where (view spoiler)

message 17: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I only got up to Chapter 13 and since its almost 3AM, it may be it tonight. This book has a good pace & full of action. MM is fun to hate. E-V-I-L

How far have you gotten Ezi?

message 18: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I only got up to Chapter 13 and since its almost 3AM, it may be it tonight. This book has a good pace & full of action. MM is fun to hate. E-V-I-L

How far have you gotten Ezi?"

Done. I have been prepping for Thanksgiving. I am so exhausted. I am can't believe I am hosting Christmas too

message 19: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I only got up to Chapter 13 and since its almost 3AM, it may be it tonight. This book has a good pace & full of action. MM is fun to hate. E-V-I-L

..."

Ummmm you are good!! I'm hosting Christmas and going to sis in law today. I am making a breakfast to bring to my dad this morning though.

Happy Thanksgiving!

message 20: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Happy Thanksgiving and Go Cowboys!!

Hope your dad is getting better

message 21: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Happy Thanksgiving and Go Cowboys!!

Hope your dad is getting better"

message 22: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: " pace & full of action. MM is fun to hate. E-V-I-L..."

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Melissa - Hope your dad is getting better! My dad stayed with me for 6 weeks after his kidney transplants. It's hard when the table turns & you have to worry about your parents. He's lucky to have you!

Ezi - I have family stay with me at thanksgiving & Christmas too but luckily my mom does a lot of the preparations. I'm just the right hand girl. (Most importantly I keep the wine glasses filled..). LOL!

message 23: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: " pace & full of action. MM is fun to hate. E-V-I-L..."

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Melissa - Hope your dad is getting better! My dad stayed with me for 6 weeks a..."

Thanks - it's hard to see/watch your parents get old. I know that sounds strange probably but my Dad has never 'looked' old to me until the last year - he's just always been Dad.

message 24: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Nope, I totally understand. My dads always been in good dad-shape until his kidney troubles. Took a lot out of him. It's so nice to see him rebound and I'm so thankful each and every day that, not only did they find a good match for him, he was one of the lucky few to end up with two "new" kidneys. Will send healing thoughts your way!

message 25: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Thanks - I appreciate it.

message 26: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere You two, my mom was very helpful. My dad passed 7 years ago and i always remember him most during holidays because he LOVED to eat. He was greedy :D
I am cleaning up now and I am a little down the cowboys lost.

Enjoy your family.

*This will be my first month not completing my Scavenger Hunt books and I can't seem to get myself to care. We have absolutely no chance of winning so I figured I will read my MeetnGreet books and fit SH when I can. I am 4 books behind and don't feel like cramming them in. So I will read one and carry the other 3 into December.

message 27: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments What's the scavenger hunt?

message 28: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments ~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "Thanks - I appreciate it."

Did you finish?

I finished this morning but did the shopping thing today so didn't get to post until now.

message 29: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1397 comments Lol I haven't started The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10) by Jennifer Estep yet - I'm at book ten and plan to read sometime in Dec

message 30: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments LOL! So close! I think I had a Gin-Frenzy one month and read like 8 of her books to get caught up. Gin & I were like one and the same that month. Haha!

message 31: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 2240 comments I'm planning on reading Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12) by Jennifer Estep very soon. Can I jump in and chat as well? I love Gin!!

Ezi - I feel your pain. I decided it would be a good idea to have an open house on Christmas Day. I think 30 to 50 of our family and friends are planning to come. Just shoot me next time!!

message 32: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 2127 comments ~Leslie~ wrote: "I'm planning on reading Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12) by Jennifer Estep very soon. Can I jump in and chat as well? I love Gin!!

Ezi - I feel your pain. I decided it would be a good idea to have an open house ..."

Hey ~Leslie~, I've got that one on deck. Let me know when you are going to start :)

message 33: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) Love, love, love this series!!