Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Been Buying, Been Reading? > New here - hello!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justina (new)

Justina | 13 comments I'm so glad to have found a group that is crazy about buying books! I just can't bring myself to take them out from the library and give them back. Unless the book was really terrible, I keep everything I buy. My husband said the we're never going to move from our house because we'd have too many books to haul out. :-)
So my fabulous co-workers gave me a B&N giftcard for Admin. Prof. Day and I bought 9 new books! I'm so excited. I usually just buy books used at discount stores. I couldn't help but think of all the money I was wasting by buying new but I decided that it was my co-workers's money, not mine. I can't wait to dig in!
Anyway, hello everyone! I hope you all are having a great week. :-)

message 2: by K (new)

K | 286 comments Welcome to the group, Justin. It sounds like you will fit in just fine here. :)

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric Mesa (djotaku) | 63 comments Justina wrote: "I'm so glad to have found a group that is crazy about buying books! I just can't bring myself to take them out from the library and give them back. Unless the book was really terrible, I keep eve..."

Welcome! You are definitely in the right group

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 208 comments Hi Justina, Glad you found us. Have fun.

message 5: by K (new)

K | 286 comments I am sorry, I just noticed that my stupid IPhone changed your name to Justin. Sorry about that, JUSTINA.

message 6: by Lin (new)

Lin | 266 comments Kiera wrote: "I am sorry, I just noticed that my stupid IPhone changed your name to Justin. Sorry about that, JUSTINA."

sometimes, auto correct can be such a pain.

message 7: by Justina (new)

Justina | 13 comments Kiera wrote: "I am sorry, I just noticed that my stupid IPhone changed your name to Justin. Sorry about that, JUSTINA."

lol It's ok, it happens all the time. I'm sure I've been called much worse. :-)

message 8: by John (last edited May 06, 2014 06:39PM) (new)

John | 42 comments Justina wrote: "I'm so glad to have found a group that is crazy about buying books! I just can't bring myself to take them out from the library and give them back. Unless the book was really terrible, I keep eve..."

Well , I think we are all a little new here. I have been with GOODREADS FOR A YEAR OR TWO but new to the discussion groups. I spent 40 years buying and am now reading but must admit I still buy. but only used books at the goodwill outlet store .I know I will not live long enough to read all that I have but I still love the excitement of opening the boxes of books to see what I ended up with after I have grabbed any interesting looking book at the goodwill. No time to study each book as there are other people there grabbing the books as they are put out. I have found books when I got home which I only paid 50cents for which I would have been happy to have paid 50 dollars for.