2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Side topics > Do not hate me...but

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 280 comments I have finished the first level. (And, good way through second level) BUT, I had surgery on the 11th of January, and pretty much could do nothing but read. So, I have a LOT done already. I do not go back to work until the second week of March, but I may be slowing down now that I have the go ahead to resume some more normal activity.

I did do a few children's books, as I am an educator for elementary and took the time to research some new books for my classes. Found a couple of cool new ones!

So, if it seems like I am breezing through this years challenge, it is because my Kindle has gotten quite a workout the last couple of months!

message 2: by Regine (new)

Regine O Good for you :-)

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne (librarianguish) | 636 comments Mod
Congratulations!

message 4: by Sarika (new)

Sarika (_sarika_) | 62 comments Congratulations!

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teremazon) Great feat! Congratulations.

message 6: by Sarika (new)

Sarika (_sarika_) | 62 comments I started to read (a lot) when I was going through some medical problems and I had pretty severe pains. I found that focusing on something else, like reading, really helped. Thankfully my medical issues are a thing of the past, but I still read a lot! :)

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teremazon) Sarika, that's so interesting! The same has happened to me. I am also a psychologist and I often run groups for patients with long-term physical health conditions and chronic pain, and a lot of the participants mention that reading is one of the things that helps them to distract from the pain and make it more tolerable.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandabookworm) I have always loved reading. But in the past year, I have progressed from having mild hearing loss in one ear to having significant hearing loss bilaterally. Everyday activities can be more challenging because of it. I can't watch tv or movies without captions. Reading is one thing I can do that is not affected by my hearing loss. I can understand everything perfectly with no assistance. That means a lot to me.