Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Solaris by Stanislaw Lem

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristel (last edited Feb 27, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 696 comments 4 stars

My second time of reading this book. A science fiction work by Polish author Stanislaw Lem written in 1961. I have a quite long review for me on this book but I am not going to put that all here. Kris Kelvin is coming to Solaris to work with another scientist on the planet Solaris. Solaris is an ocean without atmosphere. The question is whether Solaris is a sentient being. When Kelvin arrives he finds that the scientist he was going to work with has committed suicide. The other two are holed up in their rooms and will barely leave for short periods of time. Something is not right about the space station. Soon Kelvin finds out what the others already know. This is also a philosophical work that explores human memory and communication with non human. I read the audio and want to add that this was narrated by Alessandro Juliani who does such a superb job of making each voice unique. He even does an excellent female voice.

message 2: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2762 comments I listened to a sample of this. It did sound good. Can't remember why I didn't get around to listening to the whole thing. Thanks for the reminder!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 195 comments George Clooney in the movie!