What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy - blonde princess, river, finding the river source, romance. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (last edited Apr 16, 2016 03:46AM) (new)

Diana | 6 comments Diana wrote: "I have been searching all over the internet, trying to figure out what this book is. Still no new clues... help!!"

SOLVED!!!! --- A thick book, read in the late 80's early 90's. Very hazy on details, I feel like it was centered around a river, the river source. There was a brother and a sister, separated - she became the slave of a warrior woman. There was a young girl, a princess. The main male character goes to find the source of the river. The ending is the only clear-ish part. The main male character finds the princess at the source of the river. They make love on top of cut roses, and he is pierced by the thorns. Normally the man who deflowers the princes at this spot would be put to death, but she loves him and he is able to leave. This is a ritual that will give her a child, the next heir.
Characters, (sort of)
Blonde princess
Evil priest/advisor
Boy on an adventure
Siblings sold as slaves
Warrior woman who has girl sibling
??? Driving me crazy that I can't remember more.
I feel like the title was a C something? Candor, Condor?

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana | 6 comments I have been searching all over the internet, trying to figure out what this book is. Still no new clues... help!!

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana | 6 comments The book is called Gondar, by Nicholas Luard. No wonder it was hard to find/remember - it hasn't been talked about much. Worth checking out from what I remember, I will be buying it off Amazon to re-read as an adult.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Apr 16, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Kris | 34339 comments Mod
Thanks for the update Diana. Here's the link - Gondar by Nicholas Luard. You were close with the name. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gondar (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nicholas Luard (other topics)