Serial Readers discussion

Reader of The Month > Reader of the Month: March 2016

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SerialReader, Moderator (last edited Feb 29, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

SerialReader | 220 comments Mod
Hello Readers,

I would like so much to show you in some way how deeply I appreciate when you take time to stop by The Serial Reader Book Club, make a comment, vote on a poll or share what you're reading at the moment; we are a small group but we want to grow and create a big and friendly community of readers!

To show my personal appreciation to you guys, I want to start the "Reader of the Month" challenge. You have an entire month to show me how a good reader and member you are. Rules are simple and also the prize, but made with love :)

Leave a comment down below if you want to take the chance to be the "Reader of the Month" and let's the race begin!

RULES:

1. Be subscribed and be an avid reader!

2. Be an active member. Don't be shy! Comment, share and let me know what you want to do with the club! The more active you are the more chances you have to win the challenge!

3. The Serial Reader Book Club is also a blog, and it's on Facebook, go check that out! :)

4. Invite friends over! The more the merrier!

PRIZE:

1. Book of your choice ($15-20 max)

2. Tote bag (handmade, cotton-clorine free)

3. T-shirt of the Winner, a funny thing to remember what a great reader you are! (handmade, cotton)

If you have any question feel free to ask :)
Hope to see you guys around :)

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments I'm interested, what do we have to do exactly

message 3: by SerialReader, Moderator (last edited Feb 27, 2016 09:06AM) (new)

It's all in the Rules :)
This challenge wants to promote members activity here and on the blog, and hopefully gain new members as well.

An active member posts comments, shares books, votes on polls, chats with people and brings friends over..nothing major really :)

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments Have just shared the blog on Facebook, looks interesting and might get more interest. At the moment have just shared in my timeline but will post in the book groups I belong to.

message 5: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Thank you very much :) I have a lot of new projects I'm working on and can't wait to share them with the group :)

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments Why don't you have a challenge of who can read the most in a month. Score it in so many pages equals so many points. They do that in another goodreads group I belong to. I won last month and it looks as if I will win this month as well! I really am a big reader!

message 7: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

:) That's the point of this club, I'm trying to distinguish from other book clubs (bigger and with more members). I want this place to be different somehow.. I see no point in hosting the same challenge that other groups are doing or promoting the same books they have on the shelf.
I appreciate the feedback and I will consider the idea for sure :) thank you!
Kudos to you for the challenge you won!!! :)

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments I understand what you are saying, it would be pointless if all groups did the same thing, no one would join. If I can think of any original idea I will let you know

message 9: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Highly appreciate it :)

message 10: by Cindarella (new)

Cindarella (princesscindarella) | 3 comments I'd love to participate, but I live in Finland...

message 11: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

The contest is open worldwide :) I made the event post set to the Usa because Goodreads doesn't have the "worldwide" option :)

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz Hyatt | 1 comments I'd like to be to be your winner :)

message 13: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Liz wrote: "I'd like to be to be your winner :)"

Lol :D that's the spirit! lol :)

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments No, I'm determined to be the winner!!

message 15: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Lol!! :D I like your enthusiasm! You go, Cheryl! lol :)

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments Thanks. I'm trying! I'm an avid reader so it must be possible to find something to comment on.

message 17: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

That's great!

message 18: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 12 comments I don't know about competing to win a prize but I do have to say, I love polls. They are so easy to answer. I like challenges that are kind of off the wall but appropriate to a season or holiday. For example, for St. Patrick's Day read a book that has a green cover, green in the title, or green in the author's name.

message 19: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Karen B. wrote: "I don't know about competing to win a prize but I do have to say, I love polls. They are so easy to answer. I like challenges that are kind of off the wall but appropriate to a season or holiday. F..."

Thanks Karen :) I appreciate the feedback!
The Reader of the Month competition is just a funny way to engage more people :) and hopefully gain new members while promoting the group and the blog.
I agree with you, polls are easy and I'll try to make a new one at least once a week or so.
I also like your idea for St.Patrick's Day :) next week I'll post something about it :)

message 20: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 12 comments SerialReader wrote: "Karen B. wrote: "I don't know about competing to win a prize but I do have to say, I love polls. They are so easy to answer. I like challenges that are kind of off the wall but appropriate to a sea..."

That was just a random off the top of my head thing as to the type of challenges I like.

message 21: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

It's always good to know what people like to do with book clubs :)

message 22: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Hello Everyone,
if you are competing for the Reader of the Month here's the prize!

1. Book of your choice ($15-20 max)

2. Tote bag (handmade, cotton-chlorine free)

3. T-shirt of the Winner, a funny thing to remember what a great reader you are! (handmade, cotton)

description

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 56 comments I love the tote! Makes me even more determined to be the reader of the month :)

message 24: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Ashley wrote: "I love the tote! Makes me even more determined to be the reader of the month :)"

Lol :D I'm happy you like it!

message 25: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 12 comments any way the non-winners can buy the tote?

message 26: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Karen B. wrote: "any way the non-winners can buy the tote?"

The tote bag (as well as the t-shirt) has been custom made only for the contest. I could think about selling those if I get some more requests :)
Other way you can sign up for the Reader of the Month (May) and try your luck :)

message 27: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

description

Hello everybody!

Today's the day we announce the winner of the Reader of the Month!!

Congratulations Cheryl!! You've been the most active member in the month of March, liked the FB page, answered the polls and read a lot of books!

Big shout out to Ashley too! and to all the participants at the challenge :)

Next Reader of the Month challenge will start May 1st!

message 28: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments Thank you I can't believe I actually won, I really thought Ashley would win. I'm so excited now, wow!!

message 29: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Yep.. 64 comments, fb like, two polls answered and lots of books.
Ashley was great too, 39 comments and one poll answered!

message 30: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments Well of course lots of books my head is always stuck in a book

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 56 comments Congrats Cheryl!

message 32: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments Thank you Ashley