Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Submissions Guidelines > Submission Guidelines

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments Quick question: for the short stories, is the word count the same as the weeklies?

message 2: by Edward (last edited Feb 26, 2016 11:32PM) (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments Well, now you have! :D

This is very exciting! Alhough it means I've got to come up with an extra story a month! Pooh!

message 3: by Arun (last edited Feb 27, 2016 12:38AM) (new)

Arun Iyer (aruniyer) | 369 comments description

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5334 comments Are previously used entries ok for the monthly submission? (I know we aren't allowed to re-use for the weekly comps).

Nice idea, by the way :)

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie Pangan | 4795 comments This is so exciting! My only question is, if we win a contest during the month, does that count as our entry for that month's issue?

message 6: by C.P., Windrunner (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 639 comments This is a great idea! Very exciting.

message 7: by Anne (last edited Feb 27, 2016 06:15PM) (new)

Anne (annefrn) | 916 comments Just to clarify:
1) Monthly contest submissions CAN be from previously submitted weekly contests, but ONLY if...
2)They are not submitted at the same time ( during the same week? or during the same month?) as the submission to the monthly contest? (i.e. how far in the past is "past"?)
3) What do you mean when you say weekly contest winners' stories will be "put up anyway"? That sounds like they'll automatically be included as contenders for the monthly contest. But then it sounds like they wouldn't be unless specifically submitted...

(Sorry for all the questions.. I guess I"m still confused..)

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne (annefrn) | 916 comments A wrote: "Haha, it's ok!

We have a weekly feature for the winners and then we have a monthly issue for all members. If you go to the Wordpress site, you will see tabs for "weekly winners" and "issues".

If ..."

Yes! that helps a lot. thanks!

message 9: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments If someone wins, can they still post a story / poem the next month and simply be ineligible to win?

message 10: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments A wrote: "Sure! You can just stat that you were a winner last month somewhere in your post. :] I'd love for everyone to participate and write anyway and share! I enjoy reading your guys' writings!"

My OCD wouldn't allow me NOT to enter in the event I ever won a month. :D

message 11: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments Another silly question: if someone wins the poetry one month, are they eligible to win the short story the next month? Or vice versa.

message 12: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments A wrote: "Yes! :]"

Thanks for the confirmation. ;-)

message 13: by Rabindranath (new)

Rabindranath can I post a short story which I had penned and published as a book of short stiries?

message 14: by C. J., Atm Seeker in the "Lin Kuei" (last edited Feb 16, 2017 04:36PM) (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 4216 comments Rabindranath wrote: "can I post a short story which I had penned and published as a book of short stiries?"

If you are wondering about the "Monthly" submissions and you are interested in it, I will have to confirm with the other mods about whether this will continue or not (it is currently not going on because of mods being busy- mainly me- and unable to take on contests such as that on top of what we already do).

But if you are wondering about the weekly contest, yes you can post a short story that was previously published from a book as long as the story in mention was not posted in this group before.

message 15: by C. J., Atm Seeker in the "Lin Kuei" (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 4216 comments Just flat out saying here (I might close this thread unless there is a person who wants to be a mod to give us a helping hand!) I might close this part of the WSS. It will be indefinitely.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.