Pop Sugar's Annual Ultimate Reading Challenge discussion

Past Year List Brainstorms > Fairy tale book list

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Mead (keys_on_fire) I just saw this blog post from BookBub that is a list of 20 fairy tale retellings for adults. Thought it might come in handy to someone out there!

https://media.bookbub.com/blog/2016/0...

message 2: by Sheally (new)

Sheally (sheallyt) | 67 comments I will be reading Winter since I read the other 3, Cinder, Scarlet, & Cress, I loved them. I read Cruel Beauty, not that good.

message 3: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Caldwell | 36 comments Thanks for this list! I've been thinking of reading Tiger Lily by Jodi Lyn Anderson (I think thats the author...) but felt like it might be cheating, since I'm not sure Peter Pan really qualifies as a fairytale... so now I will probably pick one of these books

message 4: by Christina (last edited Feb 29, 2016 01:28AM) (new)

Christina Webb (msbeefcake) | 32 comments http://www.popsugar.com/love/Books-Ba...

another books based on fairy tales blog- has more obscure fairy tales than just cinderella and tons of snow white.

message 5: by JenLin (new)

JenLin | 2 comments I read "The Sleeper & The Spindle" by Neil Gaiman. I didn't notice the page count when I chose it but it could double as a book for the "under 150 pages" category too!

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill I read "The Girls at the Kingfisher Club" which is a retelling of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" set during the 1920's. I really enjoyed it!

message 7: by HSalik (new)

HSalik | 6 comments I read 'Dorothy Must Die'. I'm seeing a few Alice in wonderland related books in my lost this year

message 8: by itsdanixx (new)

itsdanixx | 4 comments I was going to read Alice by Christina Henry for this, but after looking at the list, I have already read Uprooted by Naomi Novik this year - I didn't even notice that was a Beauty and the Beast retelling! Still going to read Alice anyway though.

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Maia Chance is writing a funny series of cozy historical mysteries each based in a different fairytale. First is Snow White Red Handed - late 19th Century, upstart rich Americans have bought a rebuilt castle in Germany. After finding a dwarf skeleton and ancient Moss covered hut on the grounds, suspicion arises thar Snow White and the 7 dwarves was real....the period style and detail needed to make it work as an historical mystery is weak, but an entertaining read and I plan on following the series (Cinderella and Beauty & Beast are so far featured in separate entries).