YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Not If I See You First
This topic is about Not If I See You First
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom - Restarting March 6th 2016

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84148 comments Mod
The Rules:

Don’t deceive me. Ever. Especially using my blindness. Especially in public.

Don’t help me unless I ask. Otherwise you're just getting in my way or bothering me.

Don’t be weird. Seriously, other than having my eyes closed all the time, I’m just like you only smarter.

Parker Grant doesn’t need 20/20 vision to see right through you. That’s why she created the Rules: Don’t treat her any differently just because she’s blind, and never take advantage. There will be no second chances. Just ask Scott Kilpatrick, the boy who broke her heart.

When Scott suddenly reappears in her life after being gone for years, Parker knows there’s only one way to react—shun him so hard it hurts. She has enough on her mind already, like trying out for the track team (that’s right, her eyes don’t work but her legs still do), doling out tough-love advice to her painfully naive classmates, and giving herself gold stars for every day she hasn’t cried since her dad’s death three months ago. But avoiding her past quickly proves impossible, and the more Parker learns about what really happened—both with Scott, and her dad—the more she starts to question if things are always as they seem. Maybe, just maybe, some Rules are meant to be broken.

Combining a fiercely engaging voice with true heart, debut author Erid Lindstrom’s Not If I See You First illuminates those blind spots that we all have in life, whether visually impaired or not.

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Starting soon. :)

Prologue (view spoiler)

Sarah wrote: "Prologue [spoilers removed]"

Nope!

7% (view spoiler)

Chapter 6 - (view spoiler)

up to 23% (view spoiler)

I'm finding this a bit dull.

Sarah wrote: "I'm finding this a bit dull."

It's abit slow.

chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments @Sarah or Abbie, can we change the date to March 6th please? For One Curvy Blogger and I? Thank you!

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Yes please! :)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting March 6th 2016. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Starting this today! So excited!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments I have about 30% left in the book I'm currently reading (it shouldn't take long, it's a quick read), and then I'll be picking this one up!

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I have about 30% left in the book I'm currently reading (it shouldn't take long, it's a quick read), and then I'll be picking this one up!"

No problem! Just organized my shelves and am currently in the process of putting my room back together. I'll be getting to the book later tonight for sure! Hah!

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Just started this!

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments ooh, the main character is snarkkky! I like her.

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Im about 32 pages in. Not much has happened but I'm liking the heroine so much that i dont mind the slow-ish build.

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments holy crap this book is Good! but bring tissues....

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Im about 32 pages in. Not much has happened but I'm liking the heroine so much that i dont mind the slow-ish build."

Is it sad that I actually sort of LOVE well-written, slow-builders? Like...if the writing is bad, I'm going to hate the book. But THIS one? The writing is terrific and I LOVELOVELOOOOOOOOOOVE Parker--she's so snarky and self-aware and confident and just....aaaaaagh!

Also, I'm about 100 pages in.

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments One Curvy Blogger wrote: "holy crap this book is Good! but bring tissues...."

Oh boy...that doesn't bode well for what's to come! XD

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Page 154:

(view spoiler)

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "holy crap this book is Good! but bring tissues...."

Oh boy...that doesn't bode well for what's to come! XD"

Prepare for the ugly crying! (if you're anything like me)

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments That's exactly why I liked it. It was so startlingly different, the way she lives her life and the way she senses things/thinks. She brutally honest, even with herself and she actually acknowledges and tried to fix her own failings. And I love the dynamic friendship she has with Sarah, Faith, and the budding friendship with Molly. I don't think I've ever seen such a cast of well developed characters in YA fiction before!

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments I confess, I finished this when I woke up this morning. I was bored and wasn't feeling well so I picked it up where I left off and I JUST COULDN'T STOP READING!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments One Curvy Blogger wrote: "That's exactly why I liked it. It was so startlingly different, the way she lives her life and the way she senses things/thinks. She brutally honest, even with herself and she actually acknowledges..."

The characters are VERY well-rounded and complex! I really love that about this read--they don't ever do quite what you expect them to!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I confess, I finished this when I woke up this morning. I was bored and wasn't feeling well so I picked it up where I left off and I JUST COULDN'T STOP READING!"

Oh no, hopefully you're feeling a little better now?!

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "That's exactly why I liked it. It was so startlingly different, the way she lives her life and the way she senses things/thinks. She brutally honest, even with herself an..."

Exactly and they are each so different and unique, even the "popular" clique-y girls.

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I confess, I finished this when I woke up this morning. I was bored and wasn't feeling well so I picked it up where I left off and I JUST COULDN'T STOP READING!"

Oh no, ..."

Oh yes, much better. I just came home from school actually so I am slowly getting ready for bed and watching some tv. I don't want to pick up another book yet because I'm still stuck in Parker's world!

Where are you in the book so far? :)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I confess, I finished this when I woke up this morning. I was bored and wasn't feeling well so I picked it up where I left off and I JUST COULDN'T STOP ..."

I left off at page 154. I wanted to listen to some music before I go to bed, myself, and wind-down a bit. This way, when I finish the book tomorrow after work, I can immediately write up my review (I hate trying to remember details the day after, it's much easier to just do it right away for me.)

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I confess, I finished this when I woke up this morning. I was bored and wasn't feeling well so I picked it up where I left of..."

Good idea! I prefer to do my review the same day or before i read another book as well, but I take notes and I even have a review prompt/checklist that I made myself so I can remember important details. :)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I confess, I finished this when I woke up this morning. I was bored and wasn't feeling well so I picked it ..."

Oh, that's a nifty idea! But that's MUCH more organized than I tend to be, especially while reading. XD Hahaha

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "I confess, I finished this when I woke up this morning. I was bored and wasn't f..."

Bwahahaha well, I have to be or I lose all my thoughts an hour later!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments Finished! My review is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

(view spoiler)

Sarah  (aweebishbookblog) | 122 comments Love the review! Yes, I really enjoyed seeing things through her eyes as well. I hope Eric Lindstrom continues to write realistic diverse books like this. It really feels like he did his research. :)