All About YA discussion

Archives > March Color Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by These Violent Delights (last edited Mar 31, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
The Gist: On the 1st of every month I will pick a random color in the Rainbow, and those who signed up for the month will try to read as many books that have that color on the book.

The color will be a surprise, though we could always vote on the color for the month in the group polls, but that is up to you guys. Of course both ways would be a surprise because I would still hide the votes.

For now I will be picking the color, but if this challenge continues, then we can change it.

For the chllenge, ANY LITTLE BIT OF THE COLOR CHOSEN FOR THE MONTH ON THE COVER WILL COUNT, EVEN IF IT'S JUST A LITTLE DOT. If the author has the color chosen for the month in their name (ex. John GREEN) it would count. (Colors we've done already) November: Green, December: Red, January: Blue, February: Pink

Participants:

Erin Lynn-1
Emily
Robin
Imagination-9

Annnnd the color for March is.... Orange!

message 2: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Robin (or another mod) will be picking a color soon. Stay tuned.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments I'm in :)

message 4: by Erin Lynn (new)

Emily wrote: "I'm in :)"

Me too!

Robin, we need a color! lol :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
Haha the color is Orange if you haven't seen it yet :)

message 6: by Imagination (new)

Imagination Meg (imaginationmeg) | 16 comments Sounds like a weird/fun/totally different reading challenge. I'm in!

message 7: by Imagination (new)

Imagination Meg (imaginationmeg) | 16 comments Wait, are we posting every time we read a book, or just when the challenge is done? And on this thread, right? If it's every time, then, Unclouded Day by William Woodall Unclouded Day by William Woodall (read March 3rd-5th).

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments wow I really just didn't read any orange books this month

message 9: by Erin Lynn (new)

The Crown and the Arrow (The Wrath and the Dawn, #0.5) by Renee Ahdieh

There's a smidgen of orange in the center. lol

message 10: by Imagination (last edited Mar 30, 2016 04:50PM) (new)

Imagination Meg (imaginationmeg) | 16 comments I just checked back in and realized I read a ton of books with orange on the covers - I wasn't even trying to, but apparently I was really drawn to them. Anyway, here they are:

The Princes Of Panajin Volume I in the First Life fantasy adventure series. by Ryan Logan Voice of Gods (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.5) by Eleanor Herman Unclouded Day by William Woodall Harry Potter The Character Vault by Jody Revenson Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling The Secret Language of Sisters by Luanne Rice

There is a smidge of orange on the eagle's wings in Voice of Gods and Ron Weasley is pictured on Harry Potter: The Character Vault. Also, can you tell I've been having my own little Harry Potter read-a-thon? :)

Update: I just added The Secret Language of Sisters, which has orange as well, bringing my total to 9.