Lincoln Parish Library discussion

Reading Challenges > March 2016 Reading Challenge: To Infinity and Beyond!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Feb 25, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Readers, you may not know this about me, but I LOVE science. If there is a nature/space documentary that I find I haven’t watched, I have to reevaluate my weekend plans. While the majority of us may not be scientists, many of us are likely interested in science.

With the recent detection of gravitational waves , I thought it might be fun for this month’s reading challenge to read a book about science. If the natural sciences are your thing, you’ll probably find something interesting in the 500’s of our nonfiction section; some of my favorite Dewey numbers live there. I think I’m going to read Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything.
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

Stop by one of the Information Kiosks with something that interests you and we’ll match you to an interesting title.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Linda wrote: "I will be reading Forensic Science: A Very Short Introduction by Jim Fraser"
I'm glad we were able to find a book that connects to the fiction that you enjoy!

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda Mallet (lmallet) | 20 comments Rebecca wrote: "Linda wrote: "I will be reading Forensic Science: A Very Short Introduction by Jim Fraser"
I'm glad we were able to find a book that connects to the fiction that you..."

Thanks Rebecca

message 5: by Kay (last edited Mar 23, 2016 10:24AM) (new)

Kay Defreese | 1 comments I see a couple of people like the forensic science books. I really enjoyed it last year when the Bone Lady did the talk at the library. After her talk I checked every one of her books out of our library.

If you like fiction that has a forensic scientist in it check out Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey. It kept me up late at night turning pages.