S.S. Rebel Alliance (Silent Sustained Reading Discussions) discussion

My Book Doesn't Have Any Of Those Themes!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hill | 30 comments Mod
If your book doesn't have any of the themes listed in the other discussions tell us about it here! What was a major theme? What did you learn? What are your thoughts? Would you recommend it to future readers?

message 2: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Wilson | 2 comments my book doesnt have any of these themes. so with that being said I believe that the theme of my book is the acceptance is to be careful of who your friends are. my character has a lot going on when it comes to friendship.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

The Sign of Four
One of the themes this novel centers around in the emptiness of wealth. While the novel is a mystery, many of the characters are concerned with the search for wealth. Also, several of the characters suffer consequences because of the choices they make because of the their quest for wealth. This novel follows the normal Holmes style with the Sherlock's use of perception and all of the elements of mystery. Overall it is a compelling read!

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Jasmine wrote: "my book doesnt have any of these themes. so with that being said I believe that the theme of my book is the acceptance is to be careful of who your friends are. my character has a lot going on when..."

What book are you reading?

message 5: by Ryan (last edited May 04, 2016 10:17AM) (new)

Ryan Paschal | 1 comments Connor Franta
A Work in Progress

A Work in Progress, is a memoir written by internet star Connor Franta. The book focuses on the many aspects of life; love, self-esteem, self confidence, sexuality, and just life in general. I think the theme is about finding yourself, because he discusses his struggle with life and his sexuality.

message 6: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn R | 1 comments My theme is more about Rememberance, and being thankful. It is partly about love aswell

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Pecoul | 5 comments Robert BrockwayThe Unnoticeables

The book that I am currently reading doesn't have a clear theme yet. So far it's taken me to two different decades, and both of them have a whole lot of booze. I'm guessing my theme will have a lot to do with secrecy and not trusting everything, but I'm not there yet in the book.

message 8: by John (new)

John | 3 comments It is hard to tell my book ,The Saga of the Seven Suns', genre. I would put it at A mystery slash action novel. But it is mainly sci-fi but I don't know if that counts.

message 9: by Haley (new)

Haley McKinnon | 3 comments The book I'm reading doesn't have a clear theme yet. I'm reading "Slasher Girls and Monster Boys." So far this book has been a mystery.

message 10: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Adams | 4 comments The theme in my book right now is popularity and acceptance. Vanessa and Jenny were supposed to meet Serena at the coffee shop on Sunday to look at Serena's film. Serena is the most popular girl and school and in NY. Dan came with Jenny to meet her. Dan has a huge crush on Serena always has. Serena forgot to meet them on Sunday because she has so many other things going on and they weren't a very important thing in her life. They waited on her forever. Vanessa got mad because Serena thinks it's okay to do these things to people because of who she is. Dan and Jenny didn't mind waiting on her at all because she was just so important she was probably off doing really important things. Dan and Jenny are trying there best to fit in and Vanessa just wants to be herself.

message 11: by John (new)

John | 3 comments Ramble mode activate...My book is an interesting blend like I said in my original post. I stand by this and have not seen anything different except tree people but that's a big no no for me to talk about. but if you read my book 'The Saga Of The Seven Suns' I belive you will be very pleased with it........Also exploding stuff.

message 12: by John (new)

John | 3 comments BTW ...---... ...---... ...---...

message 13: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 2 comments In my book, Architecture 101, it is talking about the High Gothic and the way the people made their buildings. This book is about any kind of culture and the way they built their homes, churches, etc... There really isn't a theme in my book since it is about the history of Architecture and not a book with a story. Architecture 101

message 14: by Imani (new)

Imani Campbell | 3 comments My book, with where I am at right now, has pretty much one theme and I did a post about it already.

message 15: by Martha (new)

Martha Morgan | 2 comments My book does not have one of these themes. I am reading the beach house and so far it is murder mystery. It is a really interesting book and keeps one interested.

message 16: by Martha (new)

Martha Morgan | 2 comments My book does not have one of these themes. I am reading the beach house and so far it is murder mystery. It is a really interesting book and keeps one interested.

message 17: by Haley (new)

Haley McKinnon | 3 comments In the book I'm reading I still can't find a clear theme, because there are many different short stories in my book. The stories I have read so far have all been a mystery or scary. This book is really interesting and I'm excited to read more.

message 18: by Danielle (new)

Haley wrote: "In the book I'm reading I still can't find a clear theme, because there are many different short stories in my book. The stories I have read so far have all been a mystery or scary. This book is re..."
If you are reading a collection of short stories you can choose to write about the theme of a specific short story.

message 19: by Danielle (new)

Imani wrote: "My book, with where I am at right now, has pretty much one theme and I did a post about it already."

Then write about how you have seen that theme progress. What have you seen to allow you see this theme in the work more clearly?