The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello, Fellow Readers!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chandler (new)

Chandler Brett (chandlerbrett) I have bookshelves all throughout my house, even though I have purged several times. ;)

My parents are both avid readers and taught me from an early age to love books--that progressed into an English major in college, a teaching career, and now my own attempts to write books for others. I enjoy any opportunity to share good books with others and have always enjoyed "story time" when people gather to hear a story read aloud. These days that activity is largely isolated to children's time at the public library, but I am a proponent of adults doing this as well. That is one of the ways Charles Dickens was so popular. ;)

My reading interests include British literature, American literature, and world literature (I am a proponent of multiculturalism) as well as what often gets grouped in the realms of fantasy, science fiction, mystery, legal thriller, etc. I have a long list of favorite authors, but I'll include here Madeleine L'Engle, J. R. R. Tolkien, Anne McCaffrey, Richard Adams, Tad Williams, Gene Wolfe, Peter S. Beagle, Orson Scott Card. On the literary side... Jane Austen, Mark Twain, John Steinbeck, Jack London, Joseph Conrad, Graham Greene, Oscar Hijuelos, N. Scott Momaday, August Wilson, Maya Angelou, and many others. You might see some of these authors creeping into my own writing. Wolf Code is a genre mashup. If you look it up, let me know what you think.

I look forward to finding my "next best book" here!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Hi Chandler! I hope you find all of your next best books here : )

message 3: by Chandler (new)

Chandler Brett (chandlerbrett) Sounds good to me.