The Sword and Laser discussion

What Else Are You Reading? > Humble Image Comics Bundle

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erik (new)

Erik Redin (erik_redin) | 149 comments The new Humble Bundle is insane. It's exclusively Image Comics and the ones they've included that I've read are all amazing.

You've got the first trades of Jonathan Hickman's EAST OF WEST, Ed Brubaker's FATALE, Brian Vaughan's SAGA, Greg Rucka's LAZARUS, the morbidly hilarious CHEW, and if you pay $15 bucks or more you get two trades of THE WALKING DEAD (which may be the weakest book of the bunch).

If you've been meaning to try some non-super hero comics, this is some of the best stuff currently being published.

message 2: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (deifio) | 95 comments I have to get this!

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) some great stuff here - thanks for mentioning it

message 4: by Shaline (new)

Shaline Lopez | 42 comments Thanks for posting! I've been meaning to pick up Lazarus and chew, some of the others look great, too!

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2354 comments FYI: The Humble Bundle folks just added The Manhattan Projects, Invincible, and the second volume of Saga to this bundle.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Mesa (djotaku) | 617 comments Shaline wrote: "Thanks for posting! I've been meaning to pick up Lazarus and chew, some of the others look great, too!"

Hopefully I'm not over-selling it, but Chew is so great. Similar sarcastic humor as Mark in The Martian.

I also really enjoy The Manhattan Projects but it was wandering a bit the last time I was reading it.

message 7: by Tamahome (last edited May 07, 2014 07:23AM) (new)

Tamahome | 6259 comments Image has a lot of good comics. You can buy digital copies drm-free from the website too, btw. And their print trades cost half as much as Marvel.

message 8: by Kdawg91 (new)

Kdawg91 | 377 comments East of West and Fatale are awesome, hell, thats a super deal

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Griffin | 49 comments This would be great if I didn't already own four of the five titles! I can highly recommend Lazarus, Saga, and Fatale!

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric Mesa (djotaku) | 617 comments Tamahome wrote: "Image has a lot of good comics. You can buy digital copies drm-free from the website too, btw. And their print trades cost half as much as Marvel."

Last time I was looking it was barely any of their titles. Have they expanded the DRM-free store to include everything?

message 11: by Will (new)

Will R Damn. This is a really good bundle - Chew is mentioned every time I ask someone to recommend comics, and I've read Saga, Lazarus and TWD myself. Grab it.

message 12: by Allan (new)

Allan (allana) | 2 comments With Tim Seeley penning the upcoming Grayson, I was happy to see his earlier work, Revival, in this bundle. Saga is great, I think I'm falling for that one. Morning Glories was something I would not otherwise checked out, found it a pleasant surprise.