YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The List
This topic is about The List
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > The List by Siobhan Vivian - Restarting September 3rd 2017

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83367 comments Mod
An intense look at the rules of high school attraction - and the price that's paid for them.

It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn't matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.

This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, "pretty" and "ugly." And it's also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.

chapter 6 (view spoiler)

chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Starting now. :)

Sarah wrote: "chapter 6 [spoilers removed]"

Yep.

Sarah wrote: "chapter 7 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

chapter 39 (view spoiler)

chapter 44 (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10143 comments This is such a horrible idea-how can anyone tolerate this? Mean Girls for the modern age...

Karen Barber | 10143 comments First couple of chapters-these girls are vile! No redeeming features that I can see.

They're quite mean, and they're difficult to like.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I'll be starting tonight :) I was away at Harry Potter studios this weekend and I didn't read as much as I hoped so a little behind :)

Karen Barber | 10143 comments Up to chapter 7 - can see this being a really popular read with kids I teach. More interested in the reactions of all the girls to the list.

Karen Barber | 10143 comments About halfway in. Slowly getting to know the various characters, but at this point I'm not that fussed.

Karen Barber | 10143 comments 70% in. Finally getting to see little beyond the surface of these kids, but it all seems so very petty and trivial.

Karen Barber | 10143 comments Finished...not one of my best reading experiences! Shame, as I really really wanted to like this.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 3rd of September 2017

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ashleigh | 3283 comments Chapters 1-9

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3283 comments Chapters 10-14

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3283 comments Chapters 15-23

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3283 comments Book finished.

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments I'm still waiting on my copy to come in. :(

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 1322 comments I am reading this. More than half way through. Wiol update ☺

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 1322 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 1322 comments Chapter 6. (view spoiler)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 1322 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 10-14

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 1322 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 15-23

Starting to enjoy the book a little more now. It helps that it's quite fast-paced.

Few bug-bears: so Sarah's plan is to make people uncomfortable by not showering, not brushing he..."

(view spoiler)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 1322 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Started !

Updates coming soon.

message 30: by Melanie (last edited Sep 25, 2017 06:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 1-9

So far, not sure what to make of it. Basically the first 8 chapters are showing the reactions of the 8 girls on the list when they realise they're on it. I think the premise of the li..."

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 10-14

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 15-23

Starting to enjoy the book a little more now. It helps that it's quite fast-paced.

Few bug-bears: so Sarah's plan is to make people uncomfortable by not showering, not brushing he..."

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments 71% done.

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Fuzaila wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Book finished.

[spoilers removed]"

Exactly.