Raven Cycle Read Along discussion

Introductions > What is your current read?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Ellis (michellislife) | 66 comments Mod
There are only give more days!!!! I can't believe it. I'm interested to see what everyone was(is) reading before the #RavenCycleReadAlong.

I'm currently finishing up The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas.

message 2: by carol (new)

carol (ravenwanderer) Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I feel like I should have loved it more than I did when I read it the first time, so I'm rereading it to decide if I want to finish the series

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody (that_one_girl_who_reads) Truthwitch, it's high fantasy which I didn't realize so it's taking me a while to finish... There is so much stuff to remember but it's really good so far... I'm waiting to finish it to make sure, but you might actually like this one if you ever have another fantasy itch lol

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Caroline wrote: "Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I feel like I should have loved it more than I did when I read it the first time, so I'm rereading it to decide if I want to finish the series "

Honestly, I read the first two in the series and I wasn't a fan. I didn't finish off the series. I just don't like the back and forth between the two main characters. I thought that some of the elements were really good though: the depiction of war and wartimes were really good. I also liked the world building and twists and turns of the story. I also liked the side characters. I just couldn't get attached to the main characters.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Jody wrote: "Truthwitch, it's high fantasy which I didn't realize so it's taking me a while to finish... There is so much stuff to remember but it's really good so far... I'm waiting to finish it to make sure, ..."

I'm still interested in fantasy but honestly I kind of just want to finish the Mistborn series before I open up any other fantasy books. It really stinks because I really want the rest of the books in the series but at the same time I need to read my own damn books. Book struggles.

message 6: by Jody (new)

Jody (that_one_girl_who_reads) Michelle wrote: "Jody wrote: "Truthwitch, it's high fantasy which I didn't realize so it's taking me a while to finish... There is so much stuff to remember but it's really good so far... I'm waiting to finish it t..."

I feel you... I need to get on some of mine too, it's getting way out of hand. But definitely add Truthwitch to your list, it has a really strong friendship through the book that is pretty cool. I think you'd like it.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Jody wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Jody wrote: "Truthwitch, it's high fantasy which I didn't realize so it's taking me a while to finish... There is so much stuff to remember but it's really good so far... I'm waiti..."

I definitely will. I was tagged to do the Truthwitch tag. I'm waiting to read the book though.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Forgive me Leonard Peacock and it's honestly such a good book:)

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Nicole wrote: "I'm reading Forgive me Leonard Peacock and it's honestly such a good book:)"

I loved Silver Linings Playbook by him as well. I've been meaning to check out more of his books. I'll have to give this one a look when I'm caught up on my tbr pile :)

message 10: by carol (new)

carol (ravenwanderer) Michelle wrote: "Caroline wrote: "Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I feel like I should have loved it more than I did when I read it the first time, so I'm rereading it to decide if I want to finish the series "

Honest..."

Yeah, I'm having trouble with the main characters as well. I read so many reviews of people gushing over them and how they love each other and bla bla bla, but I just don't feel it. And the writing is good, but not EXPECTACULAR like some people made it out to be (and in no way close to Maggie's writing for that matter).

I'm still pushing through the first book again, but I don't know if I will continue. Which is a shame, because I have them all on my Kindle :(

message 11: by Michelle (new)

I have them all on my kindle as well. Don't push through if you don't love it. There are so many other great books out there.

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary I am currently finishing up Winter by Marissa Meyer.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Mary wrote: "I am currently finishing up Winter by Marissa Meyer."

What do you think about Winter. Honestly it was my least favorite in the series. I just finished Stars Above and absolutely loved that one. I'm so glad you're joining us for this read along.

message 14: by Mary (new)

Mary Michelle wrote: "Mary wrote: "I am currently finishing up Winter by Marissa Meyer."

What do you think about Winter. Honestly it was my least favorite in the series. I just finished Stars Above and absolutely loved..."

I really like it. I don't think it's my favorite though. It's been taking me awhile to read. I don't know why. I'm not sure how I'll end up placing all of books in the series, but I think I like Cinder the best still.

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (Bookishlove85) (mandy_mcdonald) | 6 comments I finished the Invasion of the Tearling last night and started Truthwitch by Susan Dennard today along with the Raven Boys. :)