What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Normal Joe transported to mythical past becomes class C magician

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shammah (new)

Shammah Arellano | 2 comments It is a series about a normal man who is transported to a mythical past containing magic. There is a disembodied voice that doles out magical energy to magicians depending on their class. He befriends a class AAA magician and is a class C himself (during the book he is promoted a level).
In the one book I read, he heals a friend's wound with crude penicillin made from bread mold and tells him not to drink wine because it's a diuretic

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 783 comments This must be The Dragon And The George by Gordon Dickson.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34416 comments Mod
The Dragon and the George by Gordon R. Dickson for Sue's suggestion.

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Might be The Dragon Knight, the sequel to The Dragon And The George. I don't believe Jim was a proper magician in the first book, he was just a human in a dragon's body. He didn't start using magic deliberately until The Dragon Knight, when his accumulated store of personal magic grew too big to contain.

message 5: by Shammah (new)

Shammah Arellano | 2 comments Thanks for the info,

I could have used less spoilage though as I haven't read but the one
:p

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Shammah, are you confirming that The Dragon and the George is your book?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Shammah, are you confirming that The Dragon and the George is your book?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.