All Challenges All The Time discussion

Retired Challenges > May 2014 Bookshelf Challenge

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Jojobean | 1584 comments Mod
his challenge is simple. Each month I will post a bookshelf. Participants can read as many books as they like as long as the book can be found on the specific bookshelf.

To find if a book is on a particular book shelf, go to the book's goodreads page. On the right side go to where it says "Genres". Click on the link that says "see top shelves". Once you click on the link all the shelves the book is on will come up. Or you can click on the "Explore" tab on the top of the page and click on "Genres". Then type in the genre you want.

Book shelves must be specific. If it's Romance then the shelf has to be Romance, not Paranormal Romance or Fantasy Romance

Please keep one post to keep track of the books you read. Once you finish the book please rate it and post the date you finished it.

For this month the bookshelf is

message 2: by Malvika (new)

Malvika Puranik | 3 comments i'm in :)

message 3: by Tia (last edited Jun 02, 2014 04:48PM) (new)

Tia (mrsnovelista) May 2014 Bookshelf Challenge
Bookshelf 2013
Completed:2/4

Joyland (Hard Case Crime #112) by Stephen King Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys Night Film by Marisha Pessl **** Burial Rites by Hannah Kent

(Ill have to get to the other two later in the summer, ran out of time . ) :o(

message 4: by JoAnne (last edited May 29, 2014 05:51AM) (new)

JoAnne | 92 comments That is all I read for this month!!
The Husband's Secret 4 stars 5/12/14
A Matter of Trust 4 stars 5/7/14
Beautiful Bastard 4 stars 5/11/14
The Affair 4 stars 5/16/14
Beautiful Player 4 stars 5/23/14
Beautiful Stranger 4 stars 5/26/14
Beautiful Beginning 4 stars 5/29/14

message 5: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 92 comments Tia wrote: "May 2014 Bookshelf Challenge
Bookshelf 2013
Completed: 0/4

Joyland (Hard Case Crime #112) by Stephen KingOut of the Easy by Ruta SepetysNight Film by Marisha PesslBurial Rites by Hannah Kent"

Out of the Easy is a great book! Enjoy!

message 6: by Tia (new)

Tia (mrsnovelista) Thanks Im looking forward to it , its been in my tbr for awhile.

message 7: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

JoAnne wrote: "This sounds interesting!!What do I do??
Can I choose this one? The Husband's SecretThe Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty"

Yes thats fine

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited May 22, 2014 07:17AM) (new)

My reading list for this shelf:
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Sharp Objects - completed on 05/22/14. Rating: 4 stars

message 9: by Chrystal (last edited May 22, 2014 01:27AM) (new)

Chrystal | 137 comments I know i'm late but i'll see how many i accomplish that qualify for this...

So when i follow instructions its takes me to Genre>2013>popular in 2013...is that right???

message 10: by Malvika (new)

Malvika Puranik | 3 comments i have a doubt we have to read books published in 2013 or shelved as 2013?

message 11: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

whatever book you read look at the popular genres and if anyone shelved it as 2013 then it counts for this challenge

message 12: by Malvika (new)

Malvika Puranik | 3 comments May 2014 Bookshelf Challenge
Bookshelf 2013
Completed:5/5

Eleanor & Park

Shadow Kiss

Dying For Danish

The Proposal

Killer Cupcakes

message 13: by Trisha (last edited May 31, 2014 02:08PM) (new)

Trisha Bookshelf: 2013

# of books read: 20

Back Roads by Tawni O'Dell Chantress (Chantress, #1) by Amy Butler Greenfield The Murder Farm by Andrea Maria Schenkel The Raft by S.A. Bodeen Whirligig by Paul Fleischman Delirium (Debt Collector, #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn The Sound by Sarah Alderson Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Claire Contreras
Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Tammara Webber The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young Bewitching The Kendra Chronicles by Alex Flinn The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Madapple by Christina Meldrum A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1) by Bella Forrest The Rules for Disappearing (The Rules for Disappearing, #1) by Ashley Elston Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12) by Rachel Caine

message 14: by jingles (new)

jingles | 3480 comments Mod
Wow, Trisha! Awesome job!

message 15: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Thanks Jingles :)

message 16: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 92 comments WOOHOO Trisha!!

message 17: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

WOW congrats Trisha. I wish I knew your secret for reading so much so fast :D