Cup of Coffee Book Club discussion

Where'd You Go, Bernadette
This topic is about Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Where'd You Go, Bernadette > Which did you think were the most significant relationships in the novel?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily Bloor (emilybloor) | 104 comments Mod
Bee and Bernadette?
Bernadette and Elgie?
Elgie and Soo-Lin?
Bernadette and Audrey?

Olivia DiGiammarino | 36 comments Oh my, tough decision. I think the most significant relationship is foremost Bee and Bernadette, with Bernadette and Audrey's relationship a close second. I think both of these relationships show how expectations of a person can really shape and even predetermine or ruin a relationship! I really enjoyed learning more and more of Bernadette's life because it became clear that both Bee and Audrey had different expectations of who she should be.

Emily Bloor (emilybloor) | 104 comments Mod
She was certainly an interesting character when it came to ruffling feathers! As much as Bernadette's relationships with the other characters throughout the book were significant I thought it was the relationship with herself that was the most important in the book. At the end of it all she could only be the mother she needed to be for Bee and the wife to Elgie once she had discovered what she was denying in herself. What do you think?