Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Rest of Us Just Live Here
This topic is about The Rest of Us Just Live Here
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness → Start Date: April 2nd, 2016

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Join Vicki and me! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Another hopeful book!

message 3: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Yess! But I must admit that the clash of negative and positive reviews is making me a little apprehensive lol I hope we will enjoy it! ^_^

message 4: by Drishti (new) - added it

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments I'll join! :-)

message 5: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Welcome, Drishti! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments 5 chapters

I'm not connecting to this one for some reason, but maybe it's because I am SO tired today. Not even 8:00 and I can barely stay awake, so I'm probably putting it down for now.

message 7: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Oh, sorry to hear that, Vicki! :O In all honesty, I have been sick this past week so I don't know when I will get to this... Hopefully soon :P

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Take your time. lol Hope you feel better soon!

message 9: by Drishti (new) - added it

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments I totally forgot about this one! I may be a bit late, I have to finish another book before.

message 10: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Vicki (last edited Apr 04, 2016 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Exactly. LOL The first part of the book was very confusing to me because I didn't understand who the (view spoiler)were either. I'm still not positive that I do.

What I think I understand is that the (view spoiler)

I think the blurbs at the start of each chapter are almost more telling than the chapters. All I know is I am still confused but I think if I read the blurbs only I might get it. LOL

I'm starting to get a feel for the characters like Mikey. I'll continue and see what happens.

message 12: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Yeah... I'm at chapter 3 and I think like you that (view spoiler) However, I'm not sure about the execution... :/ (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Good point. At this point in my reading I'd have to agree with your 2nd spoiler.

message 14: by Clementine (last edited Apr 05, 2016 03:33PM) (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Has this hooked you? :/ I must agree with you about the little intros being clearer than the rest...

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Not yet! Lol You?

message 16: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Neither lol :P I will give it a couple more chapters though.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Me too. If I finish it, it'll be slowly.

message 18: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments I'll try to read a chapter tonight. :P

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sounds good.

message 20: by Clementine (last edited Apr 09, 2016 08:41AM) (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments I'm at chapter 6 and I have nothing to say except I'm bored and confused and I don't get in which way they are "not the indie kids". (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments LOL right? I don't have the book with me so I'm not sure how far I got, but I don't think I'm posting because I have no clue what to say. Evidently I AM still confused.

message 22: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Are you planning on continuing it? I have to admit, I've kinda lost interest... :S

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I hate not finishing a book unless I TOTALLY HATE it, so I'll probably try to finish.

message 24: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Alright! I'll stick around then.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Don't feel obligated, please! Read a book you enjoy.

message 26: by Clementine (new) - added it

Clementine | 901 comments Hmm... I was supposed to read this book for a challenge but I feel like it's going nowhere. I'll see whether I continue it or not. I'm still unsure.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No worries